The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
just got back brehs this joint made me wanna :mjcry: it was so damn good.

so much blackness, you'll almost forget this is a Marvel production but it fits squarely in the Marvel universe. Not really a spoiler, but the 1st episode opens up in a barber shop, which immediately sets the tone.

its like the best of every black movie/tv show that has come out in the past 20 years. And there is a lot of history being dropped throughout. Never heavy handed at all, but just as a result of it being in Harlem.

Colter is awesome as Cage.

MISTY KNIGHT :takedat::takedat::takedat:

she's going to be a STAR as a result of this. Even got a chance to meet her afterwards and tell her how good she was (plus she's an HU Bison so it was all love when I told her I am one as well)

might need to call out sick on Friday:smugdraper:
So much Blackness, that's what's up.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
So much Blackness, that's what's up.

yes man

the most surprising/refreshing aspect of it for me (at least the day after) is the appreciation for the real history bits in it and tying them to contemporary themes. No spoilers but when y'all see it i hope you'll understand what i mean.

This is the Marvel project that feels the most like it is set in the real world from the Biggie painting, to some of the musical performances in the club (saw one performance in each episode), to even how folks 'hustled' the incident from the first Avengers.

everyone involved did a fantastic job.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yes man

the most surprising/refreshing aspect of it for me (at least the day after) is the appreciation for the real history bits in it and tying them to contemporary themes. No spoilers but when y'all see it i hope you'll understand what i mean.

This is the Marvel project that feels the most like it is set in the real world from the Biggie painting, to some of the musical performances in the club (saw one performance in each episode), to even how folks 'hustled' the incident from the first Avengers.

Thanks for the sneak preview. :salute: Sounds great.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
yes man

:banderas: