The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
is this going to be like a origin?
or is gonna be like jessica jones where we dont see how she gets her powers and ish

i want a origin
i want grit, violence,
TV Guide uploaded this to their official YouTube channel yesterday:

Mike Colter previews the new Marvel series

It looks like this will take place after "Jessica Jones".

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I only watched three episodes of Jessica Jones and didn't care to much for it. I'm not feeling the actor playing Luke Cage. Cage was always portrayed as a street smart hood dude in the comics but this guy comes across as a suburban dude who never been to the hood.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only watched three episodes of Jessica Jones and didn't care to much for it. I'm not feeling the actor playing Luke Cage. Cage was always portrayed as a street smart hood dude in the comics but this guy comes across as a suburban dude who never been to the hood.

I think marvel knows there would be a fake BET outrage if he was c00ning it up and talking 70's jive

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Rumor has it that Finn Jones will be making his debut as Danny Rand, the Iron Fist, a little ahead of schedule.

Speaking on the Collider Heroes podcast, Umberto “El Mayimbe” Gonzales claimed that Jones has already shot an appearance in Luke Cage, and that the reason Netflix and Marvel announced the casting was to avoid the news leaking early.

You can hear the full quote in the video below, at approximately the 19:50 mark, but beware possible SPOILERS as Mayimbe names the episode that Jones is supposed to appear in.

In the Marvel Comics universe, Luke Cage (Michael Colter) and Danny are close friends and partners who founded the Heroes for Hire team, so it would make sense for Danny to appear in Luke Cage, the same way it made sense for Luke to appear in Jessica Jones since the two are married in the comics.

On the other hand, there was a rumor going around that Daredevil would show up in the Jessica Jones season finale, and that didn’t happen, so don’t get your hopes up too high.

Luke Cage premieres on Netflix in 2016.