The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Not that I am fan but I think flash, arrow fans out number DD/AoS fans if not they sure are more vocal. Then there is supergirl which looks like it's going to have the females contingent satiated. Early next year there is also legends of tomorrow which looks like some shameless comicbooky fun. The jury might be at recess for most ppl breh
I'm not saying AOS is better than those shows but it gets more viewers than both of them.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'm not saying AOS is better than those shows but it gets more viewers than both of them.
A.O.S is also on a bigger Network, and truthfully this season the first time A.O.S has been legit a good to great show. Based on 3 Episode so far to me it's Gotham and A.O.S leading the pack, Flash season premier was Hella weak to me, and Arrow was decent. Meanwhile last year was Flash leading the pack then the rest.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Im sure its been discussed to death in this therad but Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones is fukking poverty casting. Jess IMO was always supposed to have a little size on her and have a "if she cleaned up she'd be hot" type of look. Krysten is both too pretty in a model way and a waif to be playing Jessica Jones.

Jennifer Carpenter who played deb morgan in dexter would be a perfect Jessica Jones.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Im sure its been discussed to death in this therad but Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones is fukking poverty casting. Jess IMO was always supposed to have a little size on her and have a "if she cleaned up she'd be hot" type of look. Krysten is both too pretty in a model way and a waif to be playing Jessica Jones.

Jennifer Carpenter who played deb morgan in dexter would be a perfect Jessica Jones.

:scust: fukk no!! That crooked jaw slow looking chick!!

Na... They good with the chick they have now

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was at the panel (how I got there is its own story lol), so if you guys want spoilers on anything, let me know. I'm a big, unapologetic fanboy of the source material. To say that I was impressed by this would be an understatement. I'm someone who took off of work and watched Daredevil in one shot. I didn't know if JJ would inspire me to do the same. I'm doing it again for this lol. I saw someone say they didn't think Kilgrave could be scary? Truth be told, the shyt he does in this episode without even being in it beyond small flashes of his face during Jess's PTSD fits was crazy. Here's a mini review from my FB page:

"Had the wonderful, wonderful privilege of seeing the entire first episode of Jessica Jones today. And without exaggeration, i've gotta say the level of nerd euphoria I felt inside during, after and even now is at a place that i've reached on VERY few occasions.

As someone who has championed and recommended Alias, the lesser known book which this is based on to people for the last 12 or 13 years....to see it come to life, not only living up to what I loved about it, but in some ways, paving the way to surpassing it? I'm truly elated.

The broken, emotionally damaged, traumatized Jessica Jones who copes through sarcasm and sex and liquor and has a tendency to push people away has always been very very human to me. I hold the character, as written within that series close to me. I've gotta say that despite knowing Krysten Ritter could act, I doubted her casting. I knew she could do sassy and bytchy, and she was great in her limited role in Breaking Bad. However, I wasn't entirely sure she could do the other layers. Could she embody what I adore about this character?

I'm a fool. She knocked it out of the fukking park. The writing, the acting, the way it was filmed. Everything was rich and textured and had weight. It's the type of character drama that I personally look for and sometimes unfairly hold other shows to.

For the few ppl i've had conversations with about Alias here that might be worried about "authenticity", there WERE a few liberties taken. Some combining of story arcs, particularly the very first and the very last in the book. Some characters created or used and put into roles that didn't exist, or replace when they couldn't use the existing characters. All of which combine for a nice expansion on her world.

I've gotta say, ALL of the liberties i'm seeing only enhanced the show. *Light light spoilers* -- Out of the gate we've established just what Kilgrave aka Purple Man can DO. And he is every bit as deadly and psychologically traumatizing as we'd hoped he'd be. Jessica FEARS him, and the show makes it clear that we should too.

To bring this to a close, I fukking LOVED what I saw and i'm on cloud 10. This could easily, easily be something I see myself liking more than Daredevil Season 1. Marvel does it again."

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was at the panel (how I got there is its own story lol), so if you guys want spoilers on anything, let me know. I'm a big, unapologetic fanboy of the source material. To say that I was impressed by this would be an understatement. I'm someone who took off of work and watched Daredevil in one shot. I didn't know if JJ would inspire me to do the same. I'm doing it again for this lol. I saw someone say they didn't think Kilgrave could be scary? Truth be told, the shyt he does in this episode without even being in it beyond small flashes of his face during Jess's PTSD fits was crazy. Here's a mini review from my FB page:

"Had the wonderful, wonderful privilege of seeing the entire first episode of Jessica Jones today. And without exaggeration, i've gotta say the level of nerd euphoria I felt inside during, after and even now is at a place that i've reached on VERY few occasions.

As someone who has championed and recommended Alias, the lesser known book which this is based on to people for the last 12 or 13 years....to see it come to life, not only living up to what I loved about it, but in some ways, paving the way to surpassing it? I'm truly elated.

The broken, emotionally damaged, traumatized Jessica Jones who copes through sarcasm and sex and liquor and has a tendency to push people away has always been very very human to me. I hold the character, as written within that series close to me. I've gotta say that despite knowing Krysten Ritter could act, I doubted her casting. I knew she could do sassy and bytchy, and she was great in her limited role in Breaking Bad. However, I wasn't entirely sure she could do the other layers. Could she embody what I adore about this character?

I'm a fool. She knocked it out of the fukking park. The writing, the acting, the way it was filmed. Everything was rich and textured and had weight. It's the type of character drama that I personally look for and sometimes unfairly hold other shows to.

For the few ppl i've had conversations with about Alias here that might be worried about "authenticity", there WERE a few liberties taken. Some combining of story arcs, particularly the very first and the very last in the book. Some characters created or used and put into roles that didn't exist, or replace when they couldn't use the existing characters. All of which combine for a nice expansion on her world.

I've gotta say, ALL of the liberties i'm seeing only enhanced the show. *Light light spoilers* -- Out of the gate we've established just what Kilgrave aka Purple Man can DO. And he is every bit as deadly and psychologically traumatizing as we'd hoped he'd be. Jessica FEARS him, and the show makes it clear that we should too.

To bring this to a close, I fukking LOVED what I saw and i'm on cloud 10. This could easily, easily be something I see myself liking more than Daredevil Season 1. Marvel does it again."

Does Luke Cage gave his powers in the first season or not?

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does Luke Cage gave his powers in the first season or not?

There was absolutely nothing in the episode to indicate that he had them, nor was anything said by anyone at the panel about it. My understanding is the same as Roman's above me. We shall see though.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

:why:

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spoiler it all bruh. I want to know, can't wait.

Off the bat the show adds a lot to her world. I dunno if you've read the books. Jessica still has her own PI office, but Carrie Anne Moss's Jeryn Hogarth is like a steady employer of her services. She'll send Jess out to serve papers or spy on this person or that person and take photos and shyt. It's during one these little jobs where they show she's got her super strength. It's understated. But it's there. She's got a crack head neighbor played by Eka Darville ( from Spartacus, Empire...and...Power Rangers lol) that she's somewhat friendly with. Her best friend isn't Carol Danvers like in the comic, it's Trish Walker (Hellcat in the comics) who clearly she's had something of a falling out with. Trish is a talk show host and basically the opposite of Jess in terms of personality.

They quickly dive into how traumatized she is by Kilgrave, to the point where she'll be reminded of him and the room starts spinning and she has to recite street names, an exercise given to her by her therapist to bring her back down out of her PTSD fits. This happens more than once in the episode. She's fukking haunted by the experience, and it spells Kilgrave out to be something we should be scared of as the viewer The way its filmed, the random ways it'll close up on her face and you'll see Kilgrave's face pop into the frame in shadow (at one point she's laying down and his face comes into frame and licks her face)...really well done .

If you've read the comics, one of her first, if NOT the first case she investigates (the order is a bit off in my head), involves two parents whose child has gone missing. In the book this is resolved COMPLETELY differently. In the show, it slowly unravels that it might be Kilgrave who has taken her. Kilgrave is supposed to be dead. But Jess becomes super paranoid that this is him, coming back to fukk with her.

In the midst of this Jessica is investigating and stumbles upon Luke Cage who owns the bar she's spying on for work. She goes in, gets shyt faced, hits it off with Luke (some truly smooth shyt is said in there, the chemistry is on point), the infamous scene from the books happens. No real nudity (maybe Luke's ass but I wasn't looking at that), but its clear these are two people fukkING. Not having sex. I think the scene was done perfectly.

It becomes clear through flashbacks that Kilgrave has manipulated Jess in the past (this is explained in the series almost like towards the end but its front and center here), they inform you of how his powers make you do ANYTHING he says, and he's doing the same thing to this missing girl to get back at her. She freaks the fukk out, before deciding its her duty to investigate this I can't stress how good Krysten's acting is. She conveys the sarcastic exterior well but you can tell she's super fragile. There's a conversation with Trish where it becomes clear that these are two best friends with a fukked up relationship, but Jess needs assistance in finding out if Kilgrave is alive. Probably the most important conversation of the show.

The episode climax totally sets the tone to what we're getting with this show. I heard someone call this one of the best first eps ever. And I can't disagree. It's dark. And it sets itself apart from the books. We're going DARKER. Jess figures out that Kilgrave is replicating everything he's done to her. He took this girl to the same restaurant he took Jess to. Was using this girl to buy himself things, just like Jess.

You find out there's a hotel he would take her to. And that's where Jess looks. Tense shyt when she goes. She walks in and finds the girl on the bed on her back spread out, traumatized and vacant looking. No Kilgrave. She instructs the girl to get up and she doesn't. She tells Jess that she can't. You find out that Kilgrave has instructed her NOT to leave the bed. And so she physically cannot get up.

Jess proceeds to try to get her off, and this shyt...was well acted too. This chick fought tooth and nail to get away from Jess. Clawing at the walls, dragging down whatever she could. It was disturbing. Jess manages to drag her out and get her somewhere safe and attempts to talk the girl down from her trauma. Kilgrave's effects wear off like a drug, and its like she's talking her down from her high. While you realize this is obviously all things Jessica herself has gone thru.

The girl's parents come to get her, they thank Jess for getting their little girl back as you'd expect. And you see them get into the elevator as Jess watches. I'm NOT sure you want me to spoil this part. But if so, I can do that too.

Last edited: