Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I dont get the no smartphone thing
just don't download apps
or use the focus modes

The urge of temptation. How most IOS/Android phones are utilized, it all requires apps and other forms of distractions to keep folks incline with the smartphone. You could use focus mode, but the fact remains:

• Smartphones need unnecessary updates
  • Smartphones run ads and other forms of pop ups to lead you to the app store
  • Bloatware
  • Internet that will end up being a gotcha in itself
The thing about "dumb phones" is that they help you get a grip of what's real. These phones nowadays are glorified computers. What it is the point of having a computer when you take a oversize tablet that so happens to make calls?

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
love minimalism and how freeing it is.
been on this wave since ~2017 proper but lowkey my whole life
i dont even carry a wallet anymore
so many clothes given away, lowkey minimalism makes it harder to spend
it was hard parting with my music collection and i did keep my "always" stack
can't imagine having no physical items but no more buying CDs, vinyl, cassettes etc.
every now and again i go back to Goodbye Things however I'm not trying to be so hardcore
i just like space and freedom and being able to move with the least amount of restrictions
if i can't make it work with my pant's pockets, it stays home

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
can't imagine having no physical items but no more buying CDs, vinyl, cassettes etc.
every now and again i go back to Goodbye Things however I'm not trying to be so hardcore
i just like space and freedom and being able to move with the least amount of restrictions

:wow: Breh even my wallet is smaller since I became a minimalist. I feel so much freedom since the day I gave away everything. The only thing that hurt was my gaming computer and records but it was for a reason, and I have no regrets about such a thing.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You said you don't carry a wallet anymore, do you still carry cash or cards/id? How do you get around that?
I'd love to get rid of my wallet.
I went with one of those slim ones though, not much bigger than the cards themselves

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You said you don't carry a wallet anymore, do you still carry cash or cards/id? How do you get around that?
I'd love to get rid of my wallet.
I went with one of those slim ones though, not much bigger than the cards themselves
Yeah, I still carry all that and I cut it down to the essentials.
The pants I usually wear has a second, hidden pocket so I'll keep the higher use items (ID, CC, metrocard) in the main pocket
then the cash, debit (if needed), airpods case etc. in the hidden pocket
Phone the only item in the other pocket
Truthfully, as long it works for you, then that's more than fine
The wallet I had had a money clip that was tearing up my pocket and pants so that was the impetus behind getting rid of it

scotch

Rookie
Daps
Purchased property with mom years ago before I knew any better. The clutter drives me crazy and has lead to big blow ups when trying to get rid of things.

I try to get rid of what I can. I def believe a cluttered home correlates with a cluttered mind.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This may be good for minimalism.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I think you mean most women breh :skip:

Damn near all men are minimalists. TV, tv stand, game system, and bed dudes are good.

Square biz. Lets keep it a buck. Its in the blood that most dudes are minimalists at heart. I remember telling a substitute teacher at college all I wanted was a small house, car, one child, and a big wife. Everybody laughed, while dude was like :ohhh:.

Even to this day, I would be happy with a desk, a Macbook, tablet, a phone, and my family. All that high luxury shyt is for them birds and this is coming from a huge techie.

The simple things in life has more weight than a shyt load of material.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Welcome:blessed:

Back on track...here's a website for ideals for my stay at home working brehs:

A lot of dope desk setups that I am stroking my furry face to.
Takin stock of everything is own. I have a mega book, music and DVD collection. I am probably going to get rid of the DVD's and CD's. It's gonna be tough letting go of the vinyl, and I won't get ride of the books, I'll just switch to digital where possible. Other than that, I don't own anything other than clothes and watches.

Probably always going to live in a condo so it's not like I'm going to have a ton of space.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Takin stock of everything is own. I have a mega book, music and DVD collection. I am probably going to get rid of the DVD's and CD's. It's gonna be tough letting go of the vinyl, and I won't get ride of the books, I'll just switch to digital where possible. Other than that, I don't own anything other than clothes and watches.

Probably always going to live in a condo so it's not like I'm going to have a ton of space.

Its babysteps breh. Hell, when I downsized, I damn near ripped the band aid off. After a while, I realize that everything is accessible with the power of a free trial and the price of a McDonalds meal.

Just answer yourself this question...when was the last time you watched a certain DVD or listen to an album? Vinyl wise that shyt weighs a ton. Trust, I LOVED collecting vinyl, but good grief it was a pain in the ass to move around. After a while, I just settled for the streaming platforms because accessibility>>>>>physical.

So just think of what matters the most...freedom of clutter or collecting to the point you are suffocating?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Its babysteps breh. Hell, when I downsized, I damn near ripped the band aid off. After a while, I realize that everything is accessible with the power of a free trial and the price of a McDonalds meal.

Just answer yourself this question...when was the last time you watched a certain DVD or listen to an album? Vinyl wise that shyt weighs a ton. Trust, I LOVED collecting vinyl, but good grief it was a pain in the ass to move around. After a while, I just settled for the streaming platforms because accessibility>>>>>physical.

So just think of what matters the most...freedom of clutter or collecting to the point you are suffocating?
The conspiracy theorist in me just likes having physical copies of important or stuff I love. But freedom from clutter clears a lot of the noise in my head. It's blissful getting rid of shyt.

Things are getting a little rocky with me and my lady, and I realized outside of the bed and furniture, I can almost fit everything else in my life in my Wrangler on a single trip if we end shyt.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The conspiracy theorist in me just likes having physical copies of important or stuff I love. But freedom from clutter clears a lot of the noise in my head. It's blissful getting rid of shyt.

Things are getting a little rocky with me and my lady, and I realized outside of the bed and furniture, I can almost fit everything else in my life in my Wrangler on a single trip if we end shyt.

Understandable, but once you realize that the "physical" items are not coming with you to the grave...the more you actually hold onto the freedom of your own sanity. Hell, I let go of a legit gaming pc, laptop, records, and etc throughout this crazy journey I been on. It sucks but its life. The main highlights of this year for me was to be able to finish my book, leave Georgia, and starting over again.

While the woes are hard to bare because financially I'm down bad, the fact remains that I am in control of my life and not material. The only sucky thing that I am lacking is my Macbook which I sadly sold due to bullshyt. Yet, I know I'm going to get it back again which is the perfect medium to minimalism. You take a L and you get a W.

If you and your jawn fall out, just realize that the material you have that's accessible is all you need. Don't let the material dictate the direction of your happiness.