The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
5467.jpg

What is Minimalism:

“Minimalism is a tool that can assist you in finding freedom. Freedom from fear. Freedom from worry. Freedom from overwhelm. Freedom from guilt. Freedom from depression. Freedom from the trappings of the consumer culture we’ve built our lives around. Real freedom.”

What Is Minimalism? - The Minimalists

Minimalism has helped…
  • Eliminate our discontent
  • Reclaim our time
  • Live in the moment
  • Pursue our passions
  • Discover our missions
  • Experience real freedom
  • Create more, consume less
  • Focus on our health
  • Grow as individuals
  • Contribute beyond ourselves
  • Rid ourselves of excess stuff
  • Discover purpose in our lives

Now, with that being said. I made this thread to help out Coli brews understand the importance of being free from the addiction of material items. As we desire such things, the fact remains that it is a killer of budgets, ends up making you more miserable due to the feelings of trying to keep up with the Jones, and most of all…everything you truly desire is right in from of the laptop, phone, or both, as entertainment is digital and easy to consume over hoarding collections that will keep you captive to the ongoing focus to get more and more.

If you want to become a minimalist, this is the thread for you. Starting with reading material:

81h589+WrPL.jpg

This book is the bible of minimalism as it preaches the ability to be free of possessions, along with the focus of appreciating the things that you can not control. As somebody who gave away the world these past few years, the one thing that you really need is a laptop, personal items (soap, food, etc), and most of all...freedom.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm definitely for living simple. I don't understand people that fill their lives and homes with STUFF.

Honestly I always lived by the stuff you own ends up owning you. Women are some if the biggest culprits with this. A woman will literally have clothes she hasn't worn since high school and she 40. And a house full of knick knacks

Anyone that has ever moved with or helped a woman moved knows what I'm talking about

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'm definitely for living simple. I don't understand people that fill their lives and homes with STUFF.

Honestly I always lived by the stuff you own ends up owning you. Women are some if the biggest culprits with this. A woman will literally have clothes she hasn't worn since high school and she 40. And a house full of knick knacks

Anyone that has ever moved with or helped a woman moved knows what I'm talking about

Breh my wife was like that, but after a while she realized that all this stuff was material. Her mother on the other hand hoards like a insane person. Food, clothes, etc. Food being the prime example because she has food from when Obama dropped the mic:picard::scust:. We gave them our TV since we were moving and the shyt is still in the closet. A Sony 4K television going to waste because she and her husband stuck in their old ways:francis:. Being in the In-laws for a spell made me truly appreciate the freedom and liberty of minimalism. Just the fact that we are in a golden age of technology where you can easily get by on entertainment with a few streaming services, get small proportions of food and make king meals with that jawn, and live life without no bounds needs to be parroted throughout society.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:banderas: The essential lifestyle. It's a level of function I hope to master one day.

Its all babysteps but here's some tips that I would do if you really want to do such things:

• Look at your current items and see which ones have the most usage
  • Just because its on sale, doesn't mean you really want to buy it
  • Look for alternatives for material (gaming= Gamepass, movies= HBO Max or etc, Cooking products= convenience cooking products)
  • Remember that you can't take these possessions to the grave
  • Less clutter, a happy soul

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
@Intergalatic Koala Coli won't let me quote, but I'm already well on the journey. I'm digital everything. Books, movies, music. That's easy.

Zero-waste is the zenith of minimalism. Only having to take out the trash once every 6 months or so. That's the goal. :blessed:

That feeling of a weight being lifted off your back :wow:

A majestic feeling:banderas: