Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

“We left the meeting very disappointed because Netanyahu talked about dismantling Hamas as the goal of the war. He didn’t promise anything regarding the demand to return the hostages. He merely said a military operation in Gaza was needed to serve as leverage for the hostages’ release.

“We later found out that Hamas had offered on October 9 or 10 to release all the civilian hostages in exchange for the IDF not entering the Strip, but the government rejected the offer.”

Did Benny Gantz and Gadi Eisenkot support your effort or were they not active on that front? (Five days after the war began, the centrist opposition National Unity party joined the emergency government, with its leader Gantz getting a spot on the three-member war cabinet and MK Eisenkot becoming an observer in the key decision-making panel. Both Gantz and Eisenkot are former IDF chiefs of staff.)

“We worked with them all the time. Any time we wanted to meet with them, they agreed. They pressured Netanyahu to make a deal, but Netanyahu sidelined them. The families are still asking Gantz not to leave the government” — as many government critics have increasingly been urging them to do.”

How come the first hostage deal was relatively quick (53 days since the war began), but the second deal has been pushed off for over 200 days? (Rubinstein said he has “no doubt” that a protest march to Jerusalem that he organized brought about the November deal in which over 100 women and children were released in exchange for a week-long truce and Israel freeing female and underage Palestinian security prisoners.)

“The main reason is the prime minister’s refusal. On the one hand, Netanyahu has told the families that the price” — likely the release of countless Palestinian terror convicts — “isn’t a factor. On the other hand, he’s holding onto all sorts of security excuses to prevent a deal.”

How do you explain Netanyahu’s ostensible lack of effort to bring the hostages home?

“The main reason is conflict of interest. He knows that the moment the hostages are released, Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben Gvir will leave the government because they’ll think the price was too high.” (Finance Minister Smotrich, leader of the Religious Zionism party, and National Security Minister Ben Gvir, head of the Otzma Yehudit party, are far-right leaders essential to Netanyahu’s coalition and have been pushing for stronger military action in Gaza.)

“There is no doubt that Netanyahu is preventing a deal. Netanyahu knows that if he goes to elections at this time he won’t be able to form a new government, and he is motivated by cold political considerations.”

Netanyahu values his position over bringing home the hostages. He is the major roadblock to any deal.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

Netanyahu values his position over bringing home the hostages. He is the major roadblock to any deal.
This whole thing could end today if Israel would just release the hostages :snoop:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

This whole thing could end today if Israel would just release the hostages :snoop:
If you’re running Isreal shouldn’t your goal be to dismantle Hamas?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

2 weeks ago, we reported on a deadly strike in Gaza. The harrowing image of children's bodies splayed around a foosball table impossible to forget. A CNN analysis of evidence recovered and documented at the scene of the strike now points to the likely cause: a precision-guided munition deployed by the Israeli military.

The last time Mona Awda Talla saw her daughter Shahed alive, she was leaving the house to go buy her some cake, wearing pink pants. The 10-year-old stopped to play foosball with her friends beside the cake shop in Gaza’s Al-Maghazi refugee camp. Moments later, she was dead.

Grief-stricken and sobbing, Awda Talla said she still can’t believe that her only daughter will never come home. A video showing the aftermath of the strike that killed Shahed captured her sprawled on the ground next to her friends, her pink pants impossible to miss.

“There is no Shahed now. Every time she came in, she said, ‘Mom.’ I would say, ‘My soul, my soul,’” Awda Talla told CNN. “My soul is gone.”

In the two weeks since the attack, the Israeli military’s statements have shifted, but it has not taken responsibility for the strike that ultimately killed Shahed and 10 other children.

An analysis of the site of the attack, documented by a freelance journalist working for CNN in Gaza, paints a very different picture of Israeli military responsibility. Three munitions experts who reviewed videos and photos showing damage caused by the strike and shrapnel left in its aftermath, independently drew the same conclusion: that the carnage was likely caused by a precision-guided munition deployed by the Israeli military.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Why is the CIA negotiating with Hamas and not Biden?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn