Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I like the refugee plan
That’s a stupid plan.

That’s basically saying the Palestinians should remain stateless forever.

And I’m sorry but Yemen? Do you know how many Yemenis have fled since 2015? They’ve even crossed the Gulf of Aden into Somalia for peace from Saudi/UAE bombing backed by the U.S. prior to the current ceasefire

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
if he wants to give them more money, then it's ok if he has to own his part in this
I'm not saying the US is blameless just powerless to solve the current issue.
Ultimately, Israel is a sovereign state and if Bibi doesnt want to listen to Biden, he can. It's known that they don't like each other and that Netanyahu and Likud prefer Republicans.

Biden could use some economic levers but this year's aid is likely already consumed. And unless I'm mistaken, the funding/aid from the US mostly goes to the Iron Dome system doesnt it ?

IMO, at the moment, there is not much economic leverage the US has on Israel except not giving them their yearly 4B for next year and not passing the additional package (I'm not sure but it's not yet passed right ?)

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

7E12Dju.jpg

@cssw4palestine
15 hours ago
CSSW for Palestine will be having our second teach-in this Wednesday, December 6th at 12pm, in room C-03 of the social work building! We will discuss the significance of the Palestinian counteroffensive on October 7th and the centrality of revolutionary violence to anti-imperialism. We are looking forward to the discussion - see y’all there!

:skip:

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I'm not saying the US is blameless just powerless to solve the current issue.
Ultimately, Israel is a sovereign state and if Bibi doesnt want to listen to Biden, he can. It's known that they don't like each other and that Netanyahu and Likud prefer Republicans.

Biden could use some economic levers but this year's aid is likely already consumed. And unless I'm mistaken, the funding/aid from the US mostly goes to the Iron Dome system doesnt it ?

IMO, at the moment, there is not much economic leverage the US has on Israel except not giving them their yearly 4B for next year and not passing the additional package (I'm not sure but it's not yet passed right ?)
he's asking for billions more in "emergency military aid". a smaller portion of this new aid is going toward iron dome, and the rest is for israel's military actions right now or into the future, so either biden can put stipulations on the money, reduce the aid to just iron dome, or he can just accept the negative politics associated with it.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

And this is why Hamas will never die out. What do you tell a kid who just seen his whole family wiped out and dead under the rubble?

Hey sorry kid it’s Hamas fault we did this!!

No, all that little kid is going to do is grow up depressed broken and eventually angry and vengeful that Israel killed his last little bit of hope. He will eventually seek revenge and Hamas will be right there with open arms.