The Official Homeowners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

I need this for real. Front and back, mosquitos are really bad in my house.

And yeah for $40 I would buy 3 or 4 to stock up and once it burns out like you said, just swap it out. If Amazon still sells the same model just keep sending them the burnt out units :pachaha:

Give me all the details on this either here or via dm, need it bad for real.

Note: Before you go about this make sure the lights you are replacing have a neutral wire.

Here's the links to all the stuff I used

Bug Zapper

Octenol Lure

Round Electrical Box

Electrical Box Cover

Posi Tap Wire Connectors

Waterproof Cable Gland

Lamp Attachments for Floodlights

Dusk To Dawn Floodlights

For the hook I used a 1/2" EMT conduit connector and a turnbuckle (not sure of the specs, but the middle female connector on mine appears to be 4"). I think i must have used the wrong type of primer on the parts, because it didn't turn out too great. If you decide to paint them, maybe look for a primer specifically made for galvanized metal.

9592266-21.jpg

shopping

tzB6MBv.jpeg

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Congratulations and welcome to the club!:blessed: Being a home owner is GREAT! What interest rate you got?
This is what I want to know, we haven’t seen these rates since the 80’s and it doesn’t seem like they are going down anytime soon :beli:

Your boy wanted to try to enter the market this year for a 2nd rental property but the bank talking about 7% is the best they got :huhldup:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
anyone got any tips on what to look for with a plumber for a whole house replacement? I got cast iron pipes and the from to the kitchen sink was fuuuuucked up and basically a hot dog bun instead of a pipe. I understand now that is because of standing water and the majority of the lines may not be like that, however in the instance that they are we are getting everything replaced.

what other kids of questions should i ask and stuff, reps and thanks

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I may have to get a Water Heater installed soon, :francis:the one came with the house is leaking at drain valve. the unit was made 2010

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I may have to get a Water Heater installed soon, :francis:the one came with the house is leaking at drain valve. the unit was made 2010
If it’s gas, spring for the tankless and you won’t regret it. Wife loves endless hot water, less maintenance too, and it doesn’t take nearly as long to get hot water as it did with a tank.

If it’s electric and you have to get a tank, see if wider options will fit to up your gallon capacity by 10-20 gallons, it makes a big difference.
swear by American standard, our rental house we got 15 years out of the original unit and swapped it with the exact same model 4 years ago with zero problems.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If it’s gas, spring for the tankless and you won’t regret it. Wife loves endless hot water, less maintenance too, and it doesn’t take nearly as long to get hot water as it did with a tank.

If it’s electric and you have to get a tank, see if wider options will fit to up your gallon capacity by 10-20 gallons, it makes a big difference.
swear by American standard, our rental house we got 15 years out of the original unit and swapped it with the exact same model 4 years ago with zero problems.
Thanks man,

I was looking at tankless but i didnt see any electrical outlet around my hot water tank area ??

Im sure power will be needed

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
My mortgage company over collected funds in my escrow account for the place I sold in 2021 :dahell: so they have a ~$5000 check they owe me. Unexpected money is always a :blessed:
Happened to me once, got back 500.00. every year in June, I'm shytting kittens because thats when I get my escrow analysis.

"Escrow shortage"

I was short this year but only by 300.00 or so. Mortgage increased a little over 20.00 thanks be to God.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Dryer started squealing extremely loud!! Scared the hell out of us. It was literally screaming. Everytime we dried clothes it would happen. I was afraid it was gonna catch on fire.

Googled the issue and the brand and model. Turns out it’s a common thing with dryers. It was the pulley bearings were worn out. YouTube university for the win!

If I had to call a repairman I was looking at $400 easy. A new dryer was gonna cost minimum $650-$750.

Ordered the parts for $24 off Amazon. Took me 3 hours to take the dryer apart, clean it (so much lint escapes the lint catcher), replace the parts and then put it back together.

Wife and kids were impressed and I saved myself some bread. It was so simple. Hardest part was getting the dryer apart.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Dryer started squealing extremely loud!! Scared the hell out of us. It was literally screaming. Everytime we dried clothes it would happen. I was afraid it was gonna catch on fire.

Googled the issue and the brand and model. Turns out it’s a common thing with dryers. It was the pulley bearings were worn out. YouTube university for the win!

If I had to call a repairman I was looking at $400 easy. A new dryer was gonna cost minimum $650-$750.

Ordered the parts for $24 off Amazon. Took me 3 hours to take the dryer apart, clean it (so much lint escapes the lint catcher), replace the parts and then put it back together.

Wife and kids were impressed and I saved myself some bread. It was so simple. Hardest part was getting the dryer apart.
I'll sometimes use my home warranty for repairs, just to save time and sometimes they say, "fukk it, here is a new dryer". Got my new washer that way.