The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
One thing they lied about regarding GTA Online is expanding San Andreas. They said in the preview that they were going to add more areas/cities to San Andreas over time which didn't happen smh

Yup! that was a shame. The map is massive already but honestly, 60% of it is wasted land that no one EVER does anything in. every one generally stays in the city.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
All this yapping about online like it wasn't the main selling point of the game :snoop:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I wonder if the split with "The Benz" fukked up the single player DLC plans. I know Frank's VO posted on IG way back that he was working on the DLC and took a pic in the studio :manny:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Id like for them to bring back all the vehicles from San andreas. The go kart, the hoover craft, the jetpack. Absolutely no excuse for it not to be there. I wanna use go carts to make mario cart races!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:dwillhuh:
There was only one with any dlc before V
there was gta 3... vice city a year later... san andreas 2 years after that... technically dlc wasn't invented yet... but they weren't full on sequels as in 4-5-6

don't forget getting liberty city stories and vice city stories after that

then there was gta 4, 4 years after SA.... within 1 year we got gay tony and lost and damned

another 4 years we get gta 5.... it's going on its 4th year with nothing for single player... not one extra mission

as others have said, they promised dlc them damn selves... online was not supposed to be the beginning , middle and end of gta5... shyt by now we should be getting another full game (4 year cycle) and we know that's not gonna happen either

A Rockstar blog post from December 2013 tells players to look forward to "substantial additions" to the game's story mode. These additions were planned for 2014. In case you needed to check your watch and/or calendar, it's now 2016 and all's quiet on the single-player San Andreas front.Interestingly, most rumors have been spurred not thanks to anyone from Rockstar, but those who work with the studio. Shawn Fonteno, who plays Franklin in GTA 5, told Jack Thriller in 2014 that, "We’re working on the DLC, downloadable content, for Grand Theft Auto 5, and that's real big. That's like, first on my list right now, to finish that up."'

then they found out online was the money maker and basically said fukk us

However, Rockstar pretty much confirmed that it had dropped development of story DLC when Director of Design at Rockstar North Imran Sarwar spoke to IGN in September 2015. "Right now our focus is on GTA Online which has exceeded our expectations," Sarwar said. "We currently have all key members of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto 5 focused on supporting GTA Online in every capacity."

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Rockstar was experimenting with DLC back in SA... they had a halfway implemented external mission script system where it could load outside scripts for the game...
Some people were able to hack into it and recreate it into what is now known as DYOM - Design your own Mission for GTA San Andreas

Even before that, GTA London (came out in the late 90s on PSX & PC) had DLC in the form of a Free Mission pack you could download on the Rockstar website (its still there too) GTA London

as for Online, GTA 1 & 2 had native online multiplayer support on the PC which is still played to this day. Rockstar toyed with the Idea of GTA III having online multiplayer (as evident from the multiplayer files left on the GTA III PS2 disc/GTA III Android release aswell as the Liberty City Survivor commercial) but unfortunately Internet gaming wasnt fully realized at the time on the PS2.
GTA LCS/VCS on the PSP featured Local AdHoc Multiplayer. similar to what was in GTA IV. I never was able to try it though :mjcry:

anyway if you want to learn more about the cut content in GTA III in regards to multiplayer, you can go here Grand Theft Auto III (Windows) - The Cutting Room Floor

For learning more about the Mission Pack (DLC) stuff for SA that rockstar experimented with, you can go here Mission Pack - GTAModding

:manny: hopefully that helps clear some stuff up about GTA & DLC or GTA & Multiplayer... the only reason why it stayed "Single Player Only" for the most part was because of Hardware Limitations

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Id like for them to bring back all the vehicles from San andreas. The go kart, the hoover craft, the jetpack. Absolutely no excuse for it not to be there. I wanna use go carts to make mario cart races!
there's no reason for alot of the GTA V single player treatment