The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alonso been real quiet this season. Stroll giving him a run for his money lately.
I think behind the scenes he is probably telling Lawrence to pay Newey whatever he wants.

The are like Ferrari, start the year with promise then develop in the wrong direction.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ
Norris doesn't have that glint in his eyes anymore, if the car is good next year, he will win the WC.
He'll have to fight Oscar, George and Max... I'm not sure if Ferrari will have the juice next year, but i'm hopeful.. if so, he'll have to deal with Lewis and Charles too.

Lando is a weird one for me.. he has the speed to fight with the S tier drivers, but he is still lacking in some areas.. both him and Lewis started their final stint on 3 lap old softs, but he either took too much out of them too early, or they didn't work well with that setup and that's beside the fact that they had a set of mediums available. They fumbled the W today.

Oscar was the quicker driver today, but MCL sacrificed him to save Lando when they should have double stacked. I feel like Oscar is the bigger threat to Lando.. he had the speed in his rookie season, slightly slower than Lando in race pace and lacking tire management. This year, he's made a huge step forward and MCL are gonna have an issue if they keep prioritizing Lando if Oscar keep improving at this pace.. the 2nd strongest driver paring on the grid behind Lewis and George.

I was sweating the last three laps, but I think we found out Lewis was being honest when he thought George was going to out qualify him. Until today I'm not sure he had confidence in the car or himself really......BUT we've seen him catch Max in the second half of the season before. He's the only one I think Max genuinely is concerned about gaining momentum.

I don't think he can make up 100+ points, but a really confident Lewis going into Ferrari next season is gonna be fly knowing they'll listen to whatever direction he wants the car to go in.
Merc is bringing upgrades to the next two races. Not sure they will be optimized, but Lewis is a monster in Hungary, so it should be a fun race.

I don't think Lewis is gonna beat George in quali head to head this year, but if we look back at 2022, he was down 7-1 in Montreal and still managed to beat George, so it's not impossible, but the team dynamic has changed as he's leaving next year, so he won't have the same data that George has, however i expect him to beat George in races this year.

George is having a superb season, especially compared to last year, but the problem for him is Lewis hasn't been comfortable with the car at all this season, and while George is able to maximize his results and get more out of the car, it's not enough of a gap.. i expect Lewis to walk him for the rest of the season if the car is really there. Even if it's not, i still expect Lewis to beat him this season.

End of the race had me in the feels for real.. you can tell he really needed that.. i've watched this dude win championship after championship, race after race since 2007 and never seen him this emotional after a race. The self doubt was real and hearing him express it confirms that Abu '21 really took a toll on him... damn, to think the GOAT was doubting himself... but Lewis has always been more of an emotional type of driver.. Jenson once said, if Lewis could show up every weekend motivated, the rest of the teams might as well pack up and go home. When he's on it, there's no one fukking with him.. and he thrives under pressure.. last 5-6 races of '21 again is another great example of this. I'm just happy the drought was broken and the hunger to win is still there. Masterclass today.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Pics or you're a wasteman
They where shown on broadcast
both him and Lewis started their final stint on 3 lap old softs, but he either took too much out of them too early, or they didn't work well with that setup and that's beside the fact that they had a set of mediums available. They fumbled the W today
The McLaren is harder on its tyres in the dry

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ
They where shown on broadcast

The McLaren is harder on its tyres in the dry
Nah.. unless you mean in Silverstone and the dry/wet setup dice roll this weekend, the mclaren has been kinder on its tires than even the rb this year.. Miami, Imola, Spain, Austria have all been races where Lando ran down or passed Max in the last few laps of the race compared to two years where Max had a crazy tire advantage in the RB18 and RB19.

Redbull also have issues optimizing their upgrades and the car has been harder to setup with the most recent additions.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
tempting to put some money on a Ham victory at Hungary.

The man loves a proper race track

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yeah its a super technical track and if the weather is dynamic then he has every chance. But track is a horrible spectacle though

He may be on for pole, if thats the case, he could run away with it before the redbull becomes a problem

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OK brehs, Mercedes wasn't looking too great in practice but its raining and the track cooled off. Might be able to make something happen in qualifying. :ehh:

Lando was by far the fastest in FP3, but Max might've been on higher fuel.

Either way, Ferrari still looks like shyt. :francis:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OK brehs, Mercedes wasn't looking too great in practice but its raining and the track cooled off. Might be able to make something happen in qualifying. :ehh:

Lando was by far the fastest in FP3, but Max might've been on higher fuel.

Either way, Ferrari still looks like shyt. :francis:
I called Mclaren for Pole and I stick by that.

I expect them to find a way to lose tomorrow though :mjlol: