The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They just need someone to keep the seat warm and not challenge Max and they're happy :hubie: . Anybody else could upset that delicate balance.
I get it but on other hand, Max is quick enough to where most drivers won’t give him trouble but won’t be a half second plus behind. It’s embarrassing.

EDIT: An entire SECOND off. :scust:

calh45

Cal
Daps
They just need someone to keep the seat warm and not challenge Max and they're happy :hubie: . Anybody else could upset that delicate balance.

I don't understand why people can't stop pretending like this ain't exactly what Max wants too. He may not have signed off directly on it, but they definitely ran it by his team and/or his pops before doing it. Max doesn't care about the Constructor's championship, and neither does RBR if it keeps him happy, and he's happy with Checo as his teammate who's good enough in races from time to time and stays out of his way in qualifying.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't understand why people can't stop pretending like this ain't exactly what Max wants too. He may not have signed off directly on it, but they definitely ran it by his team and/or his pops before doing it. Max doesn't care about the Constructor's championship, and neither does RBR if it keeps him happy, and he's happy with Checo as his teammate who's good enough in races from time to time and stays out of his way in qualifying.
I get it, but still.

At least guys like Bottas and Barrichello would make Hamilton/Schumacher sweat every now and then. Checo out there in the midfield. :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't think RBR even cares about the Constructor's Championship - it might even be a hindrance due to the development penalties. Red Bull been up front about how they operate probably since Multi 21. Kvyat was a failed experiment, Max was a success, and why mess with success.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I get it, but still.

At least guys like Bottas and Barrichello would make Hamilton/Schumacher sweat every now and then. Checo out there in the midfield. :mjlol:

It's because that's what they wanted as a teammate. Lewis had Nico before Bottas and we remember how that went. Lewis cared about the Constructor's championship too because it came with money for the team. Schumacher was fine with Rubens, but Rubens also knew to get the fukk outta the way. Max doesn't care about the Constructor's and the people that could've been signed would only be a pain in the ass for him. Ricciardo or Sainz or Tsunoda ego wasn't letting them defer to Max on the track. They'll fight his ass. Lando was NEVER coming to RBR. That was a RBR Stan fever dream. They've already crushed quite a few rookies. Checo is chilling in the cut and brings in a fukk load of money.

Reddit gets stuck on this too, but just like they asked MJ or Bron about team signings at their prime in the NBA, they're definitely doing it with Max, like Merc did with Lewis and Ferrari did with Schumi. This wasn't a Horner decision. It was a Max decision and Checo being in the midfield ain't hurting Max......and currently it ain't even hurting the constructors. It just has to be accepted.

Why do you care who else is in that seat? So they can fight Max? So they can win the Constructor's by more points?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Why do you care who else is in that seat? So they can fight Max? So they can win the Constructor's by more points?
Because I like seeing good drivers in good cars. Nothing more, nothing less.

Checo was more than serviceable in 2022 and parts of 2021 and 2023. I'd be fine with that level, not the current performance.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's a growing trend with them shoey nikkas. They have a spark when they start, but then get athlete's throat ⏸️

Danny Ric is gone again, without fully marketing himself outside the sport
He'll be OK. He'll do WEC or Indy and stay in the spotlight somehow. Guy has made over $100 mil during his career and will get a big paycheck wherever he goes next.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Because I like seeing good drivers in good cars. Nothing more, nothing less.

Checo was more than serviceable in 2022 and parts of 2021 and 2023. I'd be fine with that level, not the current performance.

I get that. That car ain't the rocketship it used to be though, and they clearly want Max to get this 4th one and it's a toss up after this year because Lando and McLaren are coming and Newey won't be there to save them.

On the flip side, Lando is learning how to race upfront. You can tell he's a little green battling for real upfront during the sprint race. He passed Max and should've stayed defensive, but Max is showing a bit what he learned from battling Lewis. I think Max will get Lando this race, but Silverstone is gonna be all McLaren and then it's 5 straight races after the summer break where McLaren are probably gonna be quick as hell.