The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
It never stops with the white folks. "He should have pulled over!!!" If that were Verstappen, they'd be slurping him up for dragging the car home under such "challenging" conditions and use it to talk up his prodigious talent.

It's sad. I like Verstappen overall as a driver, but I hate his fanbase.
So much this! Let them hate and watch the trophies pile up!

calh45

Cal
Daps
I just listened to his post race interview. He was changing settings inside the car to make the tire last longer. I don't really think it was just lucky.

Do any of y'all know what locking a diff does? If I'm a driver I'm studying that shyt because almost every time I've seen a flat like that it blows up in a quarter lap with how fast he was trying to drive it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I just listened to his post race interview. He was changing settings inside the car to make the tire last longer. I don't really think it was just lucky.

Do any of y'all know what locking a diff does? If I'm a driver I'm studying that shyt because almost every time I've seen a flat like that it blows up in a quarter lap with how fast he was trying to drive it.
Opening or unlocking the rear diff allows the wheels to turn at different rates while cornering. The outside tire has to rotate quicker than the inside. Locking it gets them to turn at a similar rate. I think in normal conditions or higher grip situations the diff is more open. I'm assuming they wanted him to close up the diff more to help the car rotate more since he was going to understeer in every right corner.

Diff adjustments are common throughout the race, but what I want to know is how they're able to have it differentiate among low, mid, and high speed corners, because there is a separate setting for each, as well as an entry and possibly exit setting.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I am so proud of what this guy has done.

If he wins 7 and does what we know he is going to do on the podium ... :banderas:

That image would be permanently seared into the souls of the haters ... :ohlawd:
I'm really proud of him! Proud of how he took control of his carreer and is on a GOAT pathway to glory!
Plus he didn't c00n, love him for holding strong to his beliefs even if I don't agree with some.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EecCg5_WsAA8J2P

:wow:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I can see a psycho trying to do him like MĆ²nica Seles, hate that I put that energy out there

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
How much power is that Mercedes engine/car generating to be able to go through the tires like that ? :wow:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
How much power is that Mercedes engine/car generating to be able to go through the tires like that ? :wow:
Everybody is probably between 800-1000 BHP is some form or another throughout the weekend. But it's really the aerodynamic grip these cars are able to generate in high speed corners. 5Gs or more in some corners.