The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I know Lewis has set himself up to be a mentor or a “good example” or whatever but I just feel like his competitive spirit has diminished and it’s been not great to watch. I watch Alonso or Kimi the last couple of seasons who had much younger teammates and they never differed to those guys just because they were older.
i think it's more that he knows russell is the future face or mercedes. He looks like a good teammate in not overly protesting or making excuses, but it seems that the media and most euro/euro-descendent fans are happy for other reasons :mjpls:.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Mercedes still flabby. Why are they doing so well in practice but trash in qualifying?

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
I don't know seemed encouraging to me. I never really expected a switch to flip and Mercedes just randomly be 1-2 every week. They getting close though, they weren't close to having purple sectors early on.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Mercedes still flabby. Why are they doing so well in practice but trash in qualifying?
Yeah like how you said just wait until Imola. No Mercs suck and Lewis has been clearly slower than his partner.

Edit. Seasons already over for Merc.
Australian and Saudi GP they were around one second off in qualifying and car looked undrivable (Lewis didn't make it to Q2).

Italy - Russell was 11th and Hamilton 13th. Around 2 seconds off leaders.

Miami - Hamilton was 0.800 off and Russell didn't make it to Q3.

This is a clear improvement and a huge step up from Mercedes. They were able to make up this much time while Ferrari and RB are also bringing major upgrades. Mercedes might not challenge for championship but at least now they can be competitive.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Lewis said in this F1TV interview that some of the drivers ahead of him weren’t honoring the outlap delta and that compromised his tires by 4-5 degrees.