The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
After seeing the Skypad analysis, I'm somehwat less impressed with Max's lap. Lewis was pushing much harder with a far less stable car and pulled out more lap time with his second run-- and according to Toto (although this was obvious), the soft tires were nowhere near their optimal window.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Max has been driving his ass off. Like I said months ago, dude is a generational talent
Thought bout this recently and how can this be the case when most of his overtakes or defences end up with him crashing or running the other driver of the track akin to karting or cheating to gain an advantage. Surely a generational talent would be far cleaner than Max is. I mean look at Alonso and Hamilton in Hungary, 2 generational talents going wheel with neither crashing out.

Fast driver i will give you but generational no.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Thought bout this recently and how can this be the case when most of his overtakes or defences end up with him crashing or running the other driver of the track akin to karting or cheating to gain an advantage. Surely a generational talent would be far cleaner than Max is. I mean look at Alonso and Hamilton in Hungary, 2 generational talents going wheel with neither crashing out.

The only other driver of his generation close is Leclerc and he has nowhere near the resume and is much more mistake prone. So yes, generational.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

:sas1: peep my previous posts in this thread. I've been pointing that out in this thread all season and on Reddit to the detriment of my karma. The argument isn't that Max isn't fast-- but in his current form he's lacking the well roundedness for me to see him as an "all-timer". I'll continue to poiunt out the similarities to Kimi. Kimi was pushing Schumi as well when McLaren gave him the car to do so, and Ferrari felt so strongly about him they were confident enough to force Michael out of the team and replace him with Kimi.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:sas1: peep my previous posts in this thread. I've been pointing that out in this thread all season and on Reddit to the detriment of my karma.
Well deserved IMO as its still possible he wins this year. The only other drivers to win championships under age 25 are all on the grid with him(Lewis, Seb, Alonso). Hell Kimi, Alonso, Lewis, and Seb are the only others drivers currently on the grid to even mount a championship challenge.

Max is going step for step up against the GOAT and yall act like its not a big deal.

I get not liking him but objectively, his record speaks for itself.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Well deserved IMO as its still possible he wins this year. The only other drivers to win championships under age 25 are all on the grid with him(Lewis, Seb, Alonso). Hell Kimi, Alonso, Lewis, and Seb are the only others drivers currently on the grid to even mount a championship challenge.

Max is going step for step up against the GOAT and yall act like its not a big deal.

I get not liking him but objectively, his record speaks for itself.
He's a seven year vet. And no one here is debating his immense talent. But the bar needs to be higher to start lumping drivers into the ATG conversation. You can be extremely fast and even win a title, but still not be considered an ATG when it's all said and done. Thus far in Max's career he's constantly over-aggressive in key moments. It hurts how his driving is perceived because it's almost never clean. This is the fifth time this season he's crashed his car, with three of those times coming from decidedly low-IQ moments. But people keep parroting the he's had a "flawless" season narrative when he really hasn't.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He's a seven year vet. And no one here is debating his immense talent. But the bar needs to be higher to start lumping drivers into the ATG conversation. You can be extremely fast and even win a title, but still not be considered an ATG when it's all said and done. Thus far in Max's career he's constantly over-aggressive in key moments. It hurts how his driving is perceived because it's almost never clean. This is the fifth time this season he's crashed his car, with three of those times coming from decidedly low-IQ moments. But people keep parroting the he's had a "flawless" season narrative when he really hasn't.
?

People are arguing against his talent. That's what I just responded to.

I haven't argued him as being an all-time great nor have I said he's had a perfect season. I said he's a generational talent, which he is, because he's clearly the best of his generation.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
?

People are arguing against his talent. That's what I just responded to.

I haven't argued him as being an all-time great nor have I said he's had a perfect season. I said he's a generational talent, which he is, because he's clearly the best of his generation.
How is it clear when Charles with less experience in F1 was performing better than him when the Ferrari was competitive wit the RB?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How is it clear when Charles with less experience in F1 was performing better than him when the Ferrari was competitive wit the RB?
Wins, podiums, etc. you name it. People talk about Max's mistakes when Leclerc has more major shunts than any top driver over the past few years. Just like anything else, until Leclerc provides the results(and I hope the car next year is as good as they think it will be, I'm a huge Sainz fan) there's no proof otherwise.

The SF90 was a better car than the RB15 as well.