The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Gio with P7 :wow:

After so much talk about Bottas and Albon he really put in a great qualy.

Watch Alfa somehow pit him 5 laps in tomorrow :francis:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, Lewis nearly pulled it out of the bag after the last couple days he had....

Tomorrow should be a good race. Merc need to have their strategy on point but both Mercedes lining up in 2 and 3 should bode well for strategy calls
If Lewis can get in free not or follow enough to get Max's tyres messy. And Merc seem to have an advantage with the mediums. Should be interesting.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Lewis can get in free not or follow enough to get Max's tyres messy. And Merc seem to have an advantage with the mediums. Should be interesting.

Yep. As long as he can follow and keep within a few seconds he should be able to go for the undercut and with another merc in the mix it gives them options

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lewis Hamilton on his near-miss second place:

"I want to say a big thank you to all the orange fans here, the Dutch fans. What an amazing venue, what an amazing track, I do really love coming to this country and I do appreciate the welcome. Great sporting fans here.

"Max did an amazing lap and I was so close, I was trying to catch him. With yesterday's session missed it made it a bit more difficult of a day but I gave it absolutely everything. But he did an absolutely fantastic lap."

Yet they still boo this man wherever he goes. Always gracious even when it's not reciprocated

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Perez disgusts me.

RBR is going to need to be on point in regards to strategy

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Do you actually think that George Russell is going to be pressing Lewis Hamilton? Because that's what they're suggesting with the stories that Lewis is pissed about George getting the call over Bottas. Max telling everyone Lewis is going to have trouble with George. Brundle claiming there's going to be friction between Lewis and George. There's only going to be friction if there's belief that they're on the same level.

George Russell will ruffle feathers of world champion Lewis Hamilton – and that is a boon for F1 - There's tons of stories like this pretending like Bottas has been happy to stay behind Lewis and George is going to challenge him. That's all fukking marketing. It's fake. George Russell, a person with less than 20 points in his entire career, is not pressing Lewis Hamilton in any way.
Yes, I think he'll challenge him. Not from the jump, but he should going into Lewis's last season. I'd honestly hope for Mercedes' sake that Russell is as quick or quicker than a 38 year old Hamilton in 2023. I believe he has the pace and the talent to learn quickly and adapt.

The points argument says nothing to me. The Williams has been dogshyt since 2018. Until this year, they were the worst car on the grid for the past 3 years. That's why everyone makes such a big deal everytime he drags that car into Q3.

I get that people may not believe the hype. But Toto doesn't do hype. He's bet the bank on George to succeed Lewis for a reason.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
It's all marketing. They're going to try to prop George up with Max since we all know Lewis is leaving in a few years. George is quick, but so is Bottas. Bottas just isn't as good as Lewis. Rosberg had to lose his mind for one season just to beat Lewis once and then retired immediately. Everyone is going to learn that Lewis is just that much better than everyone else and that's why his teammates can't keep up.
Hopefully breh. I can't stand these opps trying to crown Max and shytting on the GOAT.