The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPƉ
Supporter
Daps
I'm having a look at this GP but know nothing about F1 so I have some questions :jbhmm:
- what are the blue lines on the corners ?
- Red Bull and Mercedes seem to be the best teams overall I'm guessing ?
- "Slick" tires are good only for dry weather because there's maximum grip ?
- how many pit srops are there by race usually ?
- what is "DRS" ?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm having a look at this GP but know nothing about F1 so I have some questions :jbhmm:
- what are the blue lines on the corners ?
- Red Bull and Mercedes seem to be the best teams overall I'm guessing ?
- "Slick" tires are good only for dry weather because there's maximum grip ?
- how many pit srops are there by race usually ?
The blue lines are just a thing for this track really, they aren't anything important. Correct, the 2 best teams right now. In modern F1, the dry tires are slick, wet have groves - more contact area means more grip. Usually 1-2, depends on a lot of factors.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPƉ
Supporter
Daps
The blue lines are just a thing for this track really, they aren't anything important. Correct, the 2 best teams right now. In modern F1, the dry tires are slick, wet have groves - more contact area means more grip. Usually 1-2, depends on a lot of factors.
Thanks. :salute:

Commentary is talking about DRS and undercut. What are those ?

I see Hamilton is gaining on Verstappen on straight lines but losing on corners. Is it normal ? Why is he not gaining consistently ?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I see Hamilton is gaining on Verstappen on straight lines but losing on corners. Is it normal ? Why is he not gaining consistently ?
The Redhill is better in corners, and also dirty air takes effect and overheats the car following.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Hamilton fell out of DRS for one lap and Croft was saying Mercedes should order Bottas to go through to chase Verstappen :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

DRS is Drag Reduction System. At certain points of the lap (generally the longer straights), if you're within 1 second of the car ahead, you can open DRS. So you'll see the rear wing open up, reducing drag, and that's why you see Lewis gain so much on the straights.

F1 cars are extremely aerodynamic sensitive machines. Following through corners is difficult because the car behind is driving through dirty air - its been disturbed and isn't as dense as it would be if it was the lead car or only car on track. Closer you get, the worse the effect.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A tight race for the drivers and construction championship is good for the game

hoping louis come out on top but still