Reppin
Atlanta
Em4SCvIXMAE_g9a

:mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Leclerc is hurt :mjlol:

PĆ©rez >>>> Stroll but when daddy owns the team...
I'm the biggest Stroll hater but he was doing his thing until they called him in to pit. I thought he was saying he wanted to stay out. Maybe I misheard the call.

Also I missed half of the race because Turkey apparently doesn't do daylight savings :martin:

• Dap
Reactions: F K

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm the biggest Stroll hater but he was doing his thing until they called him in to pit. I thought he was saying he wanted to stay out. Maybe I misheard the call.

Also I missed half of the race because Turkey apparently doesn't do daylight savings :martin:
They called him in, he said ā€˜for what?ā€™ and overrode orders (despite being a junior...) & stayed out on his own accord.

Was the wrong call which cost him a possible podium place

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The thing that really sets Lewis apart is his ability to stay smooth and take care of his tires while staying at 95% pace lap after lap. You can't teach that.

He's not a car control freak like Schumacher or Senna, nor is he a violently fast driver like Alonso, but dude is just fast every single lap.

I don't know how he does it. "Smooth is fast" is such a hard concept to put into action especially on track.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The thing that really sets Lewis apart is his ability to stay smooth and take care of his tires while staying at 95% pace lap after lap. You can't teach that.

He's not a car control freak like Schumacher or Senna, nor is he a violently fast driver like Alonso, but dude is just fast every single lap.

I don't know how he does it. "Smooth is fast" is such a hard concept to put into action especially on track.

Kimi, Mika and Schumacher to me are more the fast and hard driving types than Alonso .. for me, but I could be wrong.

I always saw Alonso as the more artistic skilled type like Senna.

Hamilton is sort of like Prost on steroids.

IMO

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He's got an ability to position his car to where he can maximize corner exit or setup for the next complex of turns. He does it in a way that doesn't look spectacular, sometimes even like it was a mistake. There's a confidence there that even if he doesn't get a corner right that time, he knows the limit for the next lap. And as the track evolves, he's already calculated the adjustments before the track evolution has hit. Watching his onboards during practice, qualifying, and the race for the past 3 years has been eye opening.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kimi, Mika and Schumacher to me are more the fast and hard driving types than Alonso .. for me, but I could be wrong.

I always saw Alonso as the more artistic skilled type like Senna.

Hamilton is sort of like Prost on steroids.

IMO
Alonso had a very violent style in his peak days. His corner entries were brutal.

The other guys you mention are also hard drivers as well. You can tell Mika and Kimi have a rally background vs others that came up strictly through karting.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He's got an ability to position his car to where he can maximize corner exit or setup for the next complex of turns. He does it in a way that doesn't look spectacular, sometimes even like it was a mistake. There's a confidence there that even if he doesn't get a corner right that time, he knows the limit for the next lap. And as the track evolves, he's already calculated the adjustments before the track evolution has hit. Watching his onboards during practice, qualifying, and the race for the past 3 years has been eye opening.

In Germany "we" (well they) have unrestricted autobahns and german high speed roads are built to help you stay on the road at very high speeds. If you drive there a lot you get to experience SOME (but on a totally different scale) of what that type of thing means in practice. A large proportion of drivers in Germany are able to corner at 100mp/h plus, to take on sweeping left/right inclined bends in the wet/dry etc. I have been driving myself at very high speeds and have had faster cars go past me as if I were standing still. I am talking about other (normal) drivers with high performance sports cars going past me at speeds in excess of 170mp/h. I myself have driven at 165mp/h and in Germany you learn to maintain high speeds (120/130 mp/h) for long periods. The general rule being that on the autobahn you should only have to brake in emergencies or at the end of your journey, everywhere else you should anticipate and adjust speed accordingly.

When you drive in those conditions you learn how to place the car, how to maximise braking points, how to shift the weight of the car around, how to use gears (except when maxed out), how to brake hard without losing control, how to feel the road, how to sense grip.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I overslept and turned on the race during lap 29. Stroll was in the lead, Lewis was 5th and Valtteri was nowhere to be found. Had that held, it would have been more than enough to secure the title. But we all had the opportunity to witness one of the greatest championship performances I can remember. Winning by more than 30 seconds in a sport where tenths of a second can be the difference between winning and losing. Enjoy it brehs, we'll never see this type of sustained all-around superiority in F1 again.

:salute:to you Lewis. It's been a joy watching you compete.