Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
I know Aubameyang misses sitters sometimes, but it happens to everyone, and I think that he works hard enough and puts himself into positions enough and scores enough that some of those Arsenal fans shouldn't be so harsh on him.

Plus, he is working his ass off out here, tracking back and playing defense like Firmino and Mane do. He doesn't get enough appreciation from his own fans. Neither does Lacazette, but that's another story.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I know Aubameyang misses sitters sometimes, but it happens to everyone, and I think that he works hard enough and puts himself into positions enough and scores enough that some of those Arsenal fans shouldn't be so harsh on him.

Plus, he is working his ass off out here, tracking back and playing defense like Firmino and Mane do. He doesn't get enough appreciation from his own fans. Neither does Lacazette, but that's another story.

I think it's the type of goals he scores. If you look at his BvB days, a lot of goals he scored were from balls squared into the center from the wings. Good positioning, but the finishes weren't exactly the most difficult. Of course, you still have to score it.

Take a look and see.

Lacazette on the other hand bangs in top drawer finishes.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
:mjlol:

Then again we migh not even take u guys serious since we already clinched CL next year while yall desperate as fukk to stay relevant atm.
How are you talking with all that bass when you’re struggling against Some German sausage? :russ::dame:

Daps
I think it's the type of goals he scores. If you look at his BvB days, a lot of goals he scored were from balls squared into the center from the wings. Good positioning, but the finishes weren't exactly the most difficult. Of course, you still have to score it.

Take a look and see.

Lacazette on the other hand bangs in top drawer finishes.

I get that, but what I don't get is that shouldn't Aubameyang get more praise for his ability to consistently get into those positions in the first place? It's not easy to have that kind of awareness in the box to even get consistently into those positions.

Legit question because maybe it just does mean more to make difficult finishes than it does to get into position for an easy finish, but to me as a person who knows how hard it is for us normal people to have a sense of the space around us and where to go to get the ball from playing basketball and from playing football as a kid, I guess I highly value players who have an unnatural ability to put themselves exactly where they should be at exactly the right time.