Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Team is going to be gutted this summer. Simiar to Monaco a few years ago.

Was gonna say the same thing. The Monaco of 16-17. Lost Fabinho, Mbappe, Bakayoko, B. Silva, Lemar and Mendy.

This Ajax team is already losing FDJ and very likely De Ligt. Wouldn't be surprised to see va de Beek leave as well. Neres and Ziyech probably get poached as well.

Daps
People shyt on the Eredivisie, but Ajax has been pushed in the league by PSV Eindhoven all season, and they've had to be at their best every single week. Meanwhile, Juve's done been cruising through Serie A. I'm not surprised that Ajax just looks sharper and more ready for big-game moments because that's been basically their whole season.

And they've been aggressive and on the front-foot all year no matter who they've played, so seeing them actually win possession on the road against Juve is no surprise. From Tadic to Onana, they never play timid. They didn't even play timid after going down a man against PSV in a massive six-pointer a couple weeks back. I can't overstress how much I love this squad and how sad it is that they've already basically been sold off piece by piece this coming off-season.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
People shyt on the Eredivisie, but Ajax has been pushed in the league by PSV Eindhoven all season, and they've had to be at their best every single week. Meanwhile, Juve's done been cruising through Serie A. I'm not surprised that Ajax just looks sharper and more ready for big-game moments because that's been basically their whole season.

And they've been aggressive and on the front-foot all year no matter who they've played, so seeing them actually win possession on the road against Juve is no surprise. From Tadic to Onana, they never play timid. They didn't even play timid after going down a man against PSV in a massive six-pointer a couple weeks back. I can't overstress how much I love this squad and how sad it is that they've already basically been sold off piece by piece this coming off-season.

This is also what afflicts PSG to a degree. You wrap up the league, cup and league cup so early that you aren't as hungry in the latter parts of the campaign. Like you said, Ajax has been fighting week in week out. They only just nicked 1st place from PSV like a week ago.