Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Don't leave us Eden, please :sadbron::sadbron::sadbron::sadbron::sadbron:

More from Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri on Eden Hazard: "Hazard played a wonderful match. He did well against Brighton too. We are very lucky because it is very easy to win the match when he is able to make that kind of difference.

"It (£100m) is too cheap in this market! We have seen in the last few windows every price I think. So it is very hard to get another player like him. I cannot do anything I think. The club agrees with me. But if Eden Hazard wants to make another experience it is very difficult to keep him here.

"We are trying to improve to become one of the best teams in England and as a consequence in Europe but I think that I have to respect his decision.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Busquets: Rooney asked for mercy in 2011

Sergio Busquets recalls Wayne Rooney asking for Barcelona to be merciful in their Champions League 2011 final win over Manchester United.

Barca beat United 3-1 in a rather one-sided final at Wembley, with Rooney’s 34th-minute equaliser their only shot on target all game.

The La Liga champions, then managed by Pep Guardiola, were at their imperious best as what many believe to be one of the greatest sides of all-time.

“They’re the best in Europe, no question about that,” said Sir Alex Ferguson at the time.

“In my time as a manager, I would say they’re the best team we’ve faced. Everyone acknowledges that and I accept that. It’s not easy when you’ve been well beaten like that to think another way.

“No one has given us a hiding like that. It’s a great moment for them. They deserve it because they play the right way and enjoy their football.”

In an interview with The Guardian, Busquets recalls Rooney asking for mercy towards the end of the game.

“‘That’s enough, you’ve won,” he remembers the forward saying. “‘You can stop playing the ball around now.'” :mjcry:

The midfielder himself feels it “was the best performance of Pep’s era”.

“Beyond the way we enjoyed it on the pitch, that recognition from opponents – and we’re talking about incredibly important people – leaves you feeling pride and gratitude,” he said.

“Sometimes you can be frustrated when the opponents are so much better but instead they said things like that. It’s the highest praise. We hurt them a lot keeping the ball; they spent a lot of time running after it.

“That was the best performance of Pep’s era, where our success, our superiority, was most overwhelming – a demonstration of how we wanted to play.”

Wayne Rooney:
NbYsBjA-NS7JHGqXgaVPztX2wghfDzVm5woL7-IxhXJZHzJ-kKoKCd1ukelP5KYTlWSNpF2Y3tI-2JyTz5mX23AuG4Tmb16TMGw6PA1RYZ3YObzTwsTIW6zgUNjkCP2O-9_74z6Y

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Sergio Busquets recalls Wayne Rooney asking for Barcelona to be merciful in their Champions League 2011 final win over Manchester United.

Barca beat United 3-1 in a rather one-sided final at Wembley, with Rooney’s 34th-minute equaliser their only shot on target all game.

The La Liga champions, then managed by Pep Guardiola, were at their imperious best as what many believe to be one of the greatest sides of all-time.

“They’re the best in Europe, no question about that,” said Sir Alex Ferguson at the time.

“In my time as a manager, I would say they’re the best team we’ve faced. Everyone acknowledges that and I accept that. It’s not easy when you’ve been well beaten like that to think another way.

“No one has given us a hiding like that. It’s a great moment for them. They deserve it because they play the right way and enjoy their football.”

In an interview with The Guardian, Busquets recalls Rooney asking for mercy towards the end of the game.

“‘That’s enough, you’ve won,” he remembers the forward saying. “‘You can stop playing the ball around now.'” :mjcry:

“Beyond the way we enjoyed it on the pitch, that recognition from opponents – and we’re talking about incredibly important people – leaves you feeling pride and gratitude,” he said.

“Sometimes you can be frustrated when the opponents are so much better but instead they said things like that. It’s the highest praise. We hurt them a lot keeping the ball; they spent a lot of time running after it.

“That was the best performance of Pep’s era, where our success, our superiority, was most overwhelming – a demonstration of how we wanted to play.”

Wayne Rooney:
NbYsBjA-NS7JHGqXgaVPztX2wghfDzVm5woL7-IxhXJZHzJ-kKoKCd1ukelP5KYTlWSNpF2Y3tI-2JyTz5mX23AuG4Tmb16TMGw6PA1RYZ3YObzTwsTIW6zgUNjkCP2O-9_74z6Y

The Rooney goal gave us false hope....then the second half began and then Messi & David Villa put a stop to that :mjcry:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Wayne Rooney:

Not surprised Rooney would say that you can see why he's in the MLS and Ronaldo is still setting standards.