Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I don't agree with that, they can and have been beaten, yes they're a level above most but to face them with lack of intent and cowardice is unacceptable.
This wasn't the issue. City outplayed them. If they attacked City the score would have been much worse e.g that 5 - 0 win barca did over real back in 2010. What we are witnessing is the premier league version of the 08/09 season in La liga where Barcelona were just too good and other teams did not know what to do to stop them.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This wasn't the issue. City outplayed them. If they attacked City the score would have been much worse e.g that 5 - 0 win barca did over real back in 2010. What we are witnessing is the premier league version of the 08/09 season in La liga where Barcelona were just too good and other teams did not know what to do to stop them.

Agreed that city wouldve won regardless but breh he had 85mil worth of strikers on the bench and played Hazard as a striker. Then subs morato for Hazard at 90min. Those just some stupid decisions

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
its the first time ive said this ...:ld:

I'm pretty certain I've read you post this before but can't be arsed to look. Fair enough if not.

Rooney needed replacing, - would have been way too earl to replace a 27 year old Rooney. Still had a lot to offer then. He maybe stayed 1 season too long but not 4 years too long. midfield was weak as fck, - agreed. Midfield needed work big time.fortunately the club and SAF had earmarked a ton of cash for signings in this particular area for the new manager. Sign 2 top midfielders and not just Fellaini we we would have been good ith anyone other than Moyes. defense was old, Rio and Vidic was done, but Evans was still at a good age and good enough. Add one good defender to smalling and Jones with Evans and we would have been good money for at atleast regular top 4. You cant say defence is old when we've regularly fielded a back 5 of players Fergie signed THIS SEASON! Not saying Smalling and Jones were world class but hey had proven to be good enough. The bigger issue was who fergie gave the keys to the crib to. he jones were not ready, wing players weren't any good. no right backs :comeon: man...Yet, 3 managers have been happy to keep playing Valencia when they had 500m to spend in that period. RVP signing patched over all that just so he can win one on his way out.

Fergie's biggest fail wasn't the state of the squad, it was giving the keys to Moyes. If we had even Jose right after SAF, no one is saying the squad was finished. How many over 30 players were in the squad outside rio,vidic and Carrick? ( Who was still good enough by the way)

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Fergie's biggest fail wasn't the state of the squad, it was giving the keys to Moyes. If we had even Jose right after SAF, no one is saying the squad was finished. How many over 30 players were in the squad outside rio,vidic and Carrick? ( Who was still good enough by the way)
Dog you don't know what you are talking about. Rooney been washed. At that point he wasn't good enough to be the team's starting attacking mid nor was he good enough to be a striker. Evans was not good enough to be the main CB. Jones was too mistake prone at time. Valencia can't even cross the fukking ball man, what kinda right back is that? :russ: he's decent defensively but thats about it. Ashley Young is a makeshift left back. Smalling and jones partnership is not where its at bruh. Eric Bailly is the best CB on the team.

Because Valencia is decent defensively. Tell me, you watched how many games for united? Can you count on two hands the amount of times you've seen Valencia put in one successfully delivery in the past 4 years?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Stop it, we are clearly watching a different game. City had more possession in the same game last season and more shots, Chelsea didn't gung-ho attack them yet won 3-1 why? because they used an intelligent defensive low block, had an outlet, passed quickly and broke at pace none of that was seen today.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Dog you don't know what you are talking about. Rooney been washed. At that point he wasn't good enough to be the team's starting attacking mid nor was he good enough to be a striker. Evans was not good enough to be the main CB. Jones was too mistake prone at time. Valencia can't even cross the fukking ball man, what kinda right back is that? :russ: he's decent defensively but thats about it. Ashley Young is a makeshift left back. Smalling and jones partnership is not where its at bruh. Eric Bailly is the best CB on the team.

Because Valencia is decent defensively. Tell me, you watched how many games for united? Can you count on two hands the amount of times you've seen Valencia put in one successfully delivery in the past 4 years?
I'm not going to argue Valencia being good enough. Im just saying 3 managers have spent close to 500m and not replaced him isnt fergie's fault. All that with 5 years and tons of money spent is not as a result of the squad fergie left because all these guys are good enough squad players. Jones ,evans and Smalling are good enough squad players but we should have had a Bailly type before Jose found one. Same with midfield and attack. Rooney scored 19 goals the season after SAF left when we had a disastrous season. He still had enough in the tank when fergie left. Not saying they should all be starting but there was enough to build a new squad with.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed that city wouldve won regardless but breh he had 85mil worth of strikers on the bench and played Hazard as a striker. Then subs morato for Hazard at 90min. Those just some stupid decisions

That's one of the reasons I'm saying he had no intent, 1. why is he playing Hazard as a striker? 2. why is he playing Hazard in that role against a team that will dominate possession and a Hazard type player is need on the ball when you do get possession back?

:mjlol:

Last edited:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's one of the reasons I'm saying he had no intent, 1. why is he playing Hazard as a striker? 2. why is he playing Hazard in that role against a team that will dominate possession and a Hazard type player is need on the ball when you do get possession back?

:mjlol:

Fabregas just strolling along to take a look at the ball and then walking back still has me dead :mjlol::mjlol:

Apparently just hanging around their own box was their tactic. :francis: