Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
You're really saying this about a manager with so many accolades? Cmon :stopitslime:
doesn't change what I said

you can win playing negative football.

but Pep's team play attractive football while winning

You can watch United play and tell they have no offensive fluidity and that starts with the coaching

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Everyone is under United besides City. Worry about your bytch ass teams
Chelsea is going to past Man U
full

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Jose Mourinho calls for Manchester United to spend more to compete with rivals Manchester City: 'It is not enough, they buy full backs for the price of the strikers'

José Mourinho demanded Manchester Unitedrelease further millions in a bid to compete with Manchester City.

United’s title challenge has evaporated this month after dropping seven points in five Premier League games.

Mourinho implored Ed Woodward to give him more cash despite being afforded nearly £300million over 18 months. Three of his lavish signings - Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Romelu Lukaku - all started Tuesday's draw against Burnley.

It is not enough, it is not enough,’ the United manager said of the money spent since he took over. ‘Manchester City buy full backs for the price of the strikers.’

Mourinho then suggested United’s illustrious history is being used against them and claimed his squad are not equipped to win the league.
Get Mourinho a fancier bus dammit :damn:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Spend all that money to play like shyt.

Leicester had 10 men and they still parked the bus until they conceded. Mourinho has lost it. You can even say he was never a talented manager in terms of attacking, even though his Chelsea teams used to score for fun. Watching United is so painful.

e001

Superstar
Daps
Football has evolved past Mourinho tactics, that's just the truth. He's clueless when it comes to attacking. He can still set up a good defense and a great counter attacking team but you can't win a league like anymore, specially with Pep in it. He won with Real Madrid in 2012 because the level of talent of that team allowed him to, he'll never coach a roster like the one he had in Madrid again.

Man United need to sack him and go after someone like Tuchel, Laurent Blanc, Leonardo Jardim, Sarri, etc. Coaches who can make a team play football to dominate the oposition.

Pep is just a better coach and thats that. If it weren't for Messi and injures his Bayern would have won at least one CL.
City was smart enough to buy Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane early. They all went for high fees but are wroth so much more now. And the Spurs were dumb enough to give a title rival the RB they need for their play-style.

The Spurs have a wage structure, you can argue that it's dumb to underpay your players, specially now that they seem to be consistently good and with the new TV deal but if they paid him what City offered then all their players would ask for wages they simply can't pay, they need to pay their new stadium first and then they can compete with the top 5.

Last edited:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
5iverpool :blessed:

Hopefully Klopp is looking at the standings & accessing performance. We're second (43) to City (60) in scoring and games (2) lost. What holds us back is the draws stemming from inability to defend. Once that leaky defense is sorted mjgrin

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
5iverpool :blessed:

Hopefully Klopp is looking at the standings & accessing performance. We're second (43) to City (60) in scoring and games (2) lost. What holds us back is the draws stemming from inability to defend. Once that leaky defense is sorted mjgrin

Y'all been saying that for 3 seasons.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i had to come from the OG thread to this thread because i see people talking nonsense like fans of other teams can talk about united because they are below them. United are lucky i repeat lucky to be in second place. its more so because of the fire start they had to the season which is fine. but lucky liverpool lost players and lucky chelsea didn't find form earlier. this is why no one likes united fans because you lot are beyond arrogant. you think you deserve to win the title just because.

mourinho has gotta go if you lot ever want to win again. pep has his number and other teams will see how to beat and make matches competitive. his style can only last so long. as a city fan i do think you lot have a team minus lukaku that could compete with the right coach. somoene to build rashford and martial up. you also need him to leave before players want to leave before him.

but let me and @-YDB- have this shhine for now and future :blessed:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Y'all been saying that for 3 seasons.

Sooner or later they have to sign somebody to improve the defense. The only major signing Klopp's made to improve the back 4 is Clyne, who had 1 great season and been mediocre or injury-riddled since. Matip was free. TAA has been good, but he's 19. And to his credit Moreno's actually been earning his check this season. They have to finally commit some monies to get a real CB to pair with Matip.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sooner or later they have to sign somebody to improve the defense. The only major signing Klopp's made to improve the back 4 is Clyne, who had 1 great season and been mediocre or injury-riddled since. Matip was free. TAA has been good, but he's 19. And to his credit Moreno's actually been earning his check this season. They have to finally commit some monies to get a real CB to pair with Matip.

They gotta do that before Coutinho and salah(even mane and firmino) leave to win trophies elsewhere. (The clocks tickin) with lovern back there its like they are playing with ten men. They also need to stop playing henderson he is trash i cant see hwo he still gets time. they need a proper B2B midfielder which is easier said than done. i dont think lllana is as good as people say and emre can is going to be gone on a free at the end of the season.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
i had to come from the OG thread to this thread because i see people talking nonsense like fans of other teams can talk about united because they are below them. United are lucky i repeat lucky to be in second place. its more so because of the fire start they had to the season which is fine. but lucky liverpool lost players and lucky chelsea didn't find form earlier. this is why no one likes united fans because you lot are beyond arrogant. you think you deserve to win the title just because.

mourinho has gotta go if you lot ever want to win again. pep has his number and other teams will see how to beat and make matches competitive. his style can only last so long. as a city fan i do think you lot have a team minus lukaku that could compete with the right coach. somoene to build rashford and martial up. you also need him to leave before players want to leave before him.

but let me and @-YDB- have this shhine for now and future :blessed:
We have an OG thread:dwillhuh:Where is this OG thread?

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Is Coutinho sure he wants to leave Liverpool? Adding an extra 20 mil to his price every week :why:
He won't be leaving this winter as he is cup tied and liverpool would be dumb to sell him. I really think Barcelona are gonna be priced out next summer. Look at how great he's been playing, liverpool gonna be asking for 180 million minimum. I see coutinho going to city or psg. Especially PSG.