Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Ricardo Oliveira has been balling ever since people started calling him :flabbynsick:

Four goals in the last five games, and he's been carrying us on his back. Pastor making them haters look real foolish right now :ricardoumad:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Everton sack Ronald Koeman after shocking start to season leaves club languishing in relegation zone

Ronald Koeman has been sacked by Everton following a disastrous start to the season that has left the club in the Premier League's bottom three.

The Dutchman was informed on Monday by chairman Bill Kenwright and majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri that his services were no longer required after they watched Everton capitulate against Arsenal on Sunday.

Koeman leaves after 16 months in charge and the decision will be greeted with delight by Evertonians, who never warmed to him. He faced mounting criticism after results continued to tail off after he oversaw a £150million spend during the summer with director of football Steve Walsh.

I would have handed him his pink slip as he was walking to the locker room. That game yesterday was an embarrassment.

All that money spent this Summer just to be in a fight to avoid relegation :hhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Outside of his clutch goal last week, Suarez has been trash this season by his standards. It's amazing how good Barça has been with very little quality coming from him.
He was hurt, he out of shape too. His finishing has been abysmal, I'd bench him to prove a point and get him in the gym. But Messi's greatness aside. It's amazing how much the role players have stepped up this season so far. Inesta looks 25 again, Busquets is back to his form, Umtiti is maturing to one of the best defenders in Spain, Paulinho is like "wtf I'm good?" and Semedo is proving he fits into the system perfectly.

IDK what Lucho was doing but Valverde is getting some quality shyt out of players like Alcacer, Dinge and Denis Suarez...its strange as fukk but I'm enjoying it.

Arsenal needs a better starting CM than Ramsey

This is more of the issue than Ozil or Sanchez ever was. Ozil can't be the type of player he is when our best holding CM is fukking Granit Xhaka. You saw when Rambo was dropping back and covering and not trying to score...Arsenal scored. I like him but not as a compliment to Xhaka. This team misses Santi Cazorla more than it ever knew. There's literally not ONE player in the side that can intelligently transfer the team from defense to offense, in the middle of the park.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
...IDK what Lucho was doing but Valverde is getting some quality shyt out of players like Alcacer....

This guy here made arguably one of the worst moves in recent history.

At Valencia he was the central figure to their attack who would have grown to be one of the great Valencia strikers of old e.g. David Villa, Soldado etc.

At Barcelona he's a perpetual bench warmer. Whereas Valencia played with a single "poacher" type striker who was fed many balls to finish, Barca is more diverse in their attack. It's a front three that finishes rather than one single striker.

Look at Zaza now at Valencia. He's hit his stride and has the goals to back it up. I think 6 or 7 so far this campaign.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This guy here made arguably one of the worst moves in recent history.

At Valencia he was the central figure to their attack who would have grown to be one of the great Valencia strikers of old e.g. David Villa, Soldado etc.

At Barcelona he's a perpetual bench warmer. Whereas Valencia played with a single "poacher" type striker who was fed many balls to finish, Barca is more diverse in their attack. It's a front three that finishes rather than one single striker.

Look at Zaza now at Valencia. He's hit his stride and has the goals to back it up. I think 6 or 7 so far this campaign.

I totally agree. I didn't think Barca needed another striker at all. Suarez is for the most part durable and Messi can play up front if need be. Valencia I think doesn't have the shyt season they had last year if they still had him. But then we wouldn't be seeing the stellar start that Zaza is having either.

I can't wait to see that match this season...I haven't seen Valencia that dynamic in seasons.