Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
CZ5Q1COWAAAu4ES.jpg:large

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Probably not, they're soft and flatter to deceive as always but for sure they are one of four who could

How?:mjlol: They played with 10 men away from home for over a 1/2 hour and it took a last min set piece to lose. They'll be fine, Norwich & WBA at home, win those and they're looing right again

He didn't change much tactically, the extra man advantage gave them more space & time to play with. Happy for Welbeck, hope he can stay fit.

All I know is the Arsenal are favorites to win the league and we've just defeated the league leaders. Leicester will be the team that fades as the season winds down.

2 or 3 years ago, Arsenal would've lost this game. However, all season we've shown resolve and the strength of character to win games even when the chips are stacked against us. Case in point: today's game vs . Leicester.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Today is first time I've ever cheered loudly for Danny Nii Tackie Mensah :wow:

I'm still not sure we've got what it takes to win the league but this was a big win. We've got Spurs in a few weeks and that is another must win. If we come out of that game with 3 points then we might actually be able to win it all.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
All I know is the Arsenal are favorites to win the league and we've just defeated the league leaders. Leicester will be the team that fades as the season winds down.

2 or 3 years ago, Arsenal would've lost this game. However, all season we've shown resolve and the strength of character to win games even when the chips are stacked against us. Case in point: today's game vs . Leicester.
We all thought Leicester would fade pre Xmas, as it is, they're still top mid Feb. Have to respect that they will be in the conversation when it's all said and done. Good win for Arsenal but the 'chips weren't stacked against you', you were at home against playing against 10 men, that's quite a favourable stance. The NLD will be telling as to what Arsenal are about.

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps

you wouldve lost against 11 leicester players today you know this right? utterly toothless when it was 11 vs 11 while they were cutting you open

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

it was 11 v 10 :comeon:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
This Villa side is giving the Derby side of 2007/08 a good run for its money. Absolutely awful.

Being American I find it interesting that with the promotion/relegation, places like Bournemouth and Swansea are represented in the top flight, in contrast with the struggle of Birmingham as a city and the Tyne/Wear area fighting off mass relegation

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Being American I find it interesting that with the promotion/relegation, places like Bournemouth and Swansea are represented in the top flight, in contrast with the struggle of Birmingham as a city and the Tyne/Wear area fighting off mass relegation

I think that for anyone outside of London, Liverpool & Manchester it'll always be chop and change. Those 3 cities hold the powerhouses of English football. For everyone else their success is dependent on getting a good side together at the right time (Swansea over the past few years) and/or the investment to have a few seasons in the top flight (Bournemouth).

Location also comes into it for where players want to move to. You look at a place like Norwich, that whole area has only ever had Norwich and Ipswich in the top flight. The Norwich manager was asked a few weeks ago whether he thought their location put players off moving to Norwich, he said no but I don't think that's the case.

Leicester are the shining light for the midlands teams at the moment. West Brom aren't playing nice football and are 'just getting by', Villa are doomed and the rest are chasing the top flight dream (Birmingham, Wolves, Derby etc). It's not been a great 4/5 years for the North East. Sunderland struggle to get by each season, Newcastle having a nightmare season after average seasons in the past.