Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
You guys remember from Sohh that photoshop thread that uncovered those pictures of that one dude's dating profile who had a misshapen and abnormally large head? I think his name was The Dome.

I just randomly remembered that and was :dead:

I miss sohh :mjcry:
I remember a pic of him with a call-center headset that barely fit :deadmanny:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
You guys remember from Sohh that photoshop thread that uncovered those pictures of that one dude's dating profile who had a misshapen and abnormally large head? I think his name was The Dome.

I just randomly remembered that and was :dead:

I miss sohh :mjcry:
classic, that was my favorite JBO era, shoutout to @Orbital-Fetus and that cokehead russian guy from philly @UrusMu

not the trash that it is now

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-go-down-well-with-west-africans-9829847.html

Chef Jamie Oliver has enraged West Africans by cooking up his own “interpretation” of a classic dish.

Oliver’s version of Jollof rice, which is famed in the region, led thousands of people to post angry comments on his website with food pundits saying they were “surprised” at the recipe.

The rice is traditionally made with tomatoes and spices, but the television cook’s version included whole vegetables such as “on the vine” cherry tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and scotch bonnet. It went on to advise readers to use coriander, parsley, and a slice of lemon, none of which are usually associated with the recipe.

It went unnoticed for months after being posted in June, but furious comments began appearing on the website last week before social media users joined in the conversation. Now, the quirky recipe has attracted around 4,500 comments.

In the past 24 hours Twitter users have started labelling the scandal #jollofgate, after it sparked a flurry of criticism.

The Motley Musings blog, which discusses how Africa is represented in popular culture, wrote: “People were surprised that this recipe was so much different to the original.”

The blog warned that people in West Africa took their food seriously.

Oliver said that he had created his interpretation after considering many traditional variations of the rice.

The blogger continued: “We have to ask ourselves who actually benefits from Jamie Oliver's 'appreciation' of Jollof rice. This doesn't necessarily translate into value for Africans. For so long, different African cultures have been appropriated without any direct benefit to Africans themselves, and people are particularly sensitive to this.”

BBC Africa’s Vera Kwakofi said increased exposure of the dish wasn’t necessarily a good thing.

“The danger is that in five years his version will become the official one,” she said.

Jollof rice also caused a stir last year when supermarket Tesco removed its Jollof recipe from its website after Twitter users branded it inauthentic.

A spokesman for Mr Oliver said: “Obviously there was no intention to offend anyone which is why the recipe printed on theJamie Magazine website is described as 'Jamie's twist' on Jollof rice.”

This muhfukka :gwreallynikka:

B2uXp_9CMAIFBUM.jpg:large

BqRq4R5CIAEriSD.jpg

B2y-bKSIEAAr529.jpg

:scust:

How can man submit one of the pics to Crimewatch though :laff:

Onion ting :russ:

http://yesiyesighana.com/ghanaiansnigerians-sue-jamie-oliver-for-cooking-jollof-without-maggie-cube/

West Africans are passionate about two things and two things only; football and jollof rice. Countless friendships and marriages have ended over jollof disputes. To misrepresent jollof in any way, shape or form is to misrepresent a West African’s very essence.

It is therefore no surprise that a group of Ghanaians and Nigerians have dragged the famous British chef Jamie Oliver to court for “cooking jollof without Maggie cube,” an act considered an abomination in the eyes of every true West African.

The group, determined to fight for justice on behalf of all West Africans, has hired the services of a London based law firm with a long track record in taking up controversial cases. They want London’s High Court to force the millionaire chef to publicly apologise for “cooking the famous jollof rice without Maggie cube :heh: and for posting the misleading jollof recipe on his website.” (Link to Jamie Oliver’s website—– http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/jamie-oliver-jollof-rice-recipe/ )

They want to destroy us but the devil is a liar. They’re killing us with ebola and now they want to disgrace us by cooking our beloved jollof in this shameful manner. Chai, diaris a God oh,” raged one Nigerian.

A Ghanaian member of the group revealed that Jamie Oliver will also face the charge of “serving the jollof rice without a portion of the scorched bits- which happens to be everyone’s favourite” and an additional charge of “serving jollof without the mandatory bottle of ice cold Supermalt or Malta Guinness.”

The group also appealed to all West Africans to join hands to preserve “our beloved jollof.”

:mitraillette:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Proud supporters on Gooners World talmbout Welé :troll:

Looks like Welé has quickly become a fan favorite. :troll:
Guardian said:
While Welbeck is enjoying a fine campaign, having scored 10 goals for Arsenal and England playing in his preferred centre-forward position, Falcao’s start to his United career has featured disappointing form and been hampered by injury.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...adamel-falcao-danny-welbeck-manchester-united
RrZHyxH.jpg

JjV6Re8.png

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Sorta makes you think about american food and how ridiculous it would be to feel so much pride about any of the shyt we serve up. Actually, scrap that, I will throw hands someone over taking creative liberties with nachos or chimichangas :birdman:

For another post, but the wave of foodie culture over the past several years is one of the worst things to happen to eating since the rise of Big Sugar.

edit: reading the history of nachos right now...really thought that America had pulled a quick one :mjcry:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Sorta makes you think about american food and how ridiculous it would be to feel so much pride about any of the shyt we serve up. Actually, scrap that, I will throw hands someone over taking creative liberties with nachos or chimichangas :birdman:

For another post, but the wave of foodie culture over the past several years is one of the worst things to happen to eating since the rise of Big Sugar.

edit: reading the history of nachos right now...really thought that America had pulled a quick one :mjcry:
Food would be boring as fukk if everyone did it the same way. :camby:

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor has accused his mother and sisters of plotting against him using ‘juju’.

The player told Accra-based radio station, Peace FM on Thursday when he was asked about his relationship with his family: “How can I talk to a mother who together with my sisters have been plotting juju against me?”

The player, speaking to British newspaper the Daily Mail in 2009, had spoken of his pride at representing his family internationally when he started his career in France, claiming he was “playing for their sake.”

“At the airport my mum said, ‘go to France and you can change the way this family lives.’ She knew that if I succeeded in football we could have a better life and finally get out of poverty. At 15 I wasn’t just playing for my own glory, I was playing for the sake of my family,” he said.

Adebayor’s sister had earlier revealed in an interview with the station that the Tottenham Hotspur striker had abandoned his family, leaving them in an impoverished state and had declined to answer any of the calls they had made to him for over a year.

“As at now, our mother is selling polythene bags, padlocks and other things on the [Ghana-Togo] border. Our mother has not seen him for more than a year and he rejects her calls anytime. Our mother is not calling him for his money, she just wants to see him because she loves him very much,” she said.

But Adebayor in a sharp rebuttal said “They should stop talking talking, they should stop doing Juju on me; they should leave me alone…The one talking there and calling herself my sister I bought a house in East Legon for $1.2m…can you imagine that my sister went to rent the house without my knowledge?”

Responding to accusations from his family that he does not take care of his siblings, Adebayor said the rest of his siblings can work and take care of themselves including their mother and so “they should do that”.

He told Peace FM that his family has already shared all his belongings even though he is still alive.

“They shared my houses, they shared my cars, they say if he dies this car is for you, this house is for you, can you imagine?”

The 30-year-old, who was born to Nigerian parents, played in Togo’s 3-1 defeat against Ghana in Tamale on Wednesday.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor has accused his mother and sisters of plotting against him using ‘juju’.

The player told Accra-based radio station, Peace FM on Thursday when he was asked about his relationship with his family: “How can I talk to a mother who together with my sisters have been plotting juju against me?”

The player, speaking to British newspaper the Daily Mail in 2009, had spoken of his pride at representing his family internationally when he started his career in France, claiming he was “playing for their sake.”

“At the airport my mum said, ‘go to France and you can change the way this family lives.’ She knew that if I succeeded in football we could have a better life and finally get out of poverty. At 15 I wasn’t just playing for my own glory, I was playing for the sake of my family,” he said.

Adebayor’s sister had earlier revealed in an interview with the station that the Tottenham Hotspur striker had abandoned his family, leaving them in an impoverished state and had declined to answer any of the calls they had made to him for over a year.

“As at now, our mother is selling polythene bags, padlocks and other things on the [Ghana-Togo] border. Our mother has not seen him for more than a year and he rejects her calls anytime. Our mother is not calling him for his money, she just wants to see him because she loves him very much,” she said.

But Adebayor in a sharp rebuttal said “They should stop talking talking, they should stop doing Juju on me; they should leave me alone…The one talking there and calling herself my sister I bought a house in East Legon for $1.2m…can you imagine that my sister went to rent the house without my knowledge?”

Responding to accusations from his family that he does not take care of his siblings, Adebayor said the rest of his siblings can work and take care of themselves including their mother and so “they should do that”.

He told Peace FM that his family has already shared all his belongings even though he is still alive.

“They shared my houses, they shared my cars, they say if he dies this car is for you, this house is for you, can you imagine?”

The 30-year-old, who was born to Nigerian parents, played in Togo’s 3-1 defeat against Ghana in Tamale on Wednesday.
black people smh

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
try to defend the undefendable just cuz they black like you brehs
don't understand what being a cannibal is and label other cannibals brehs
Suarez attempts to eat man on the field. He a cannibal :manny:
Defend cannibals cuz they come from the same wastecountry as you brehs