Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Bx_vQGMIEAIgCy3.jpg

Rodgers is smashing this tonight

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On another note. I vehemently advise against making Ray Rice/NFL jokes in front of women.

I was talking to a random tonight and everything was going swimmingly, and she seemed rather engaged, when I noticed she was wearing a bandana of an NFL team. I can't remember which, but I was like, "Oh, what's that on your bandana?"

And she said the team name, very proudly I might add, and went on to recite the years they had won the super bowl, when her friend corrected her and told her the year they actually won the super bowl, and she was like, "Shh, he doesn't know that :beli:"

And I was like, "It's true I don't watch football. But perhaps Goodell was right in his punishment of Ray Rice. Despite the 45% fan base this proves amply that you don't know what you guys are talking about and you really don't matter :skip:" (which looking back isn't really all that scathing or sensical, I really thought I was on that A-1 joke game. Definitely went full coli :heh:)

My friend immediately went from: :merchant::whoo::mjlol:

And of course the girl went off talking about the ban and how the whole thing was bullshyt and flipped on me.

Upon which I added: "I was just making light of the seriously misogynistic characteristics of the league :damngoodcoffee:"

But that wasn't enough to turn things around. Hence, I am here posting on the coli :ffs:

Last edited: