Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I dunno ... I get much more :ehh: than :whoa: when walking thorugh hood like surroundings.
to each his own.

I wasnt shook or nothing, it was just hood.

II recently passed by a post of mine that recently had gotten like 20+ daps. Good thing I didn't have to constantly interrupt what I was doing just to see that someone had simply dapped my post.
All my notifications are serious things only now. :yes:

Turning off the dap notification has been amazing.

Love the lack of pop-up about being dap. Making my Coli experience more useful.
great posts. Serious posts only get my attention now.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/newcastle-united-being-treated-like-7485121

NUFC being treated like Kings in New Zealand. :blessed:

I didn't realise they had such a big fanbase in the US though

Newcastle United’s tour of New Zealand has moved on to Wellington.

Touched by the heartfelt tributes laid on in Dunedin for John Alder and Liam Sweenyat the Forsyth Barr Stadium and overwhelmed by the warmth and kindness of folk on the south island, the hospitality of another friendly city was there for all to see on day four of United’s seven day stay down under.

Fresh from the clean winter air of picturesque Dunedin, United have touched down in the self-dubbed “coolest little capital in the world”. It was a boast they’re entitled to as well by the way.

With a harbour as plush as Monte Carlo F1 nut Alan Pardew can only be impressed. This place has a bit of everything.

In “Welly” there are coffee shops and cool shops like New York, capable cars that glide down to the harbour like Barcelona and friendly banter just like the Toon.

The football stadium is also based in the city centre like St James’ Park and while the winter chill in Dunedin was a shock to the system for Newcastle players and Pardew, who was worried his players could slip on the ice at the Forsyth Barr, it was mild as the teams arrived in Wellington.

United may have thumped Sydney 4-0 on Tuesday night but they were all friends together as they shared a flight from Dunedin Airport on Monday. Newcastle players and staff settled down to take in West Ham’s clash with Wellington Phoenix last night at Eden Park in Auckland.

The organisers are trying hard to make the Football United Tour a success. A bumper crowd of 30,000 is the hope on Saturday as the Hammers clash with Sydney just after United’s encounter with the Phoenix.

Phoenix have put together a tournament that was two years in the making. Plenty of calls back to Tyneside were needed to persuade Newcastle to make the long journey of 11,000 miles in pre-season.

Maybe Newcastle’s trip to New Zealand is a similar distance to, say Liverpool’s trip down under last summer. Then crowds of 90,000 flocked to Melbourne to see the Kop side on tour.

Liverpool also scooped $5million dollars for that trip, which boosted their global fanbase even more. It is understood that United won’t get anywhere near that amount for this tour.

There is a match fee for both games and travel and hotels have already been paid for, with Newcastle bringing around 40 staff members on the trip including players, coaches, three media staff, the club ambassador Bob Moncur and security.

Wellington’s chief executive officer David Dome has worked hard to put the Premier League teams on the map though – and Phoenix are delighted to host the Magpies here.

But this hasn’t come cheaply. He said: “Business class air travel, five star accommodation; this is not a cheap exercise.”

Newcastle’s last long haul trip to the United States was so successful in their eyes they haven’t done it since.

For some reason, despite offers to play in the US where a huge chunk of their global fanbase are, Newcastle have resisted the calls to go back there.

Although there have fans from Australasia here to cheer them on that’s only a portion of the support of Liverpool last year. The crowd was 9,500 or so in Dunedin was made up of exiled Geordies, locals and a handful from Sydney.

The attendance on Saturday at the Westpac Stadium will be made up of West Ham, Phoenix and Toon fans, plus the few from Australia supporting Sydney.

Dome admits that Newcastle aren’t getting what they might in other countries this pre-season.

He said: “New Zealand may not be so lucrative but the money is banked and the surroundings are familiar.”

The Magpies are also being treated very well. Newcastle are staying in a plush hotel and are being looked after like royalty - which is like the All Blacks around here.

Dome said: “Well this is what we do when the All Blacks or the Wallabies stay here.” And it doesn’t get much better than that round here.
:mjlol: no one gives a fukk about newcastle here. they really had to insert a meaningless lie to make themselves feel better huh

global fanbase: 17

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps

Capo Dei Capi

Daps
Excuse me :whoa: a whole 1,029 likes.

I bet Newcastle can't even get a good MLS team to play them, they'd have to settle for San Jose or Colorado
Facebook only accounts for %3 of their US Market.

If you read the article it says Newcastle had numerous offers to play in the states

For some reason, despite offers to play in the US where a huge chunk of their global fanbase are, Newcastle have resisted the calls to go back there.

What's a good MLS team? :mjlol:

Now you're just making stuff up

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
tumblr_mx0no2m1nm1sx4jfio1_500.gif

How long will you brehs stay off daps? its not lookin good for yall.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I'm thinking about hitting up this International Cup game on saturday @ Berkeley Memorial Stadium, Real Madrid/Inter

Think its worth my $71.00? :birdman:

Daps
I'm thinking about hitting up this International Cup game on saturday @ Berkeley Memorial Stadium, Real Madrid/Inter

Think its worth my $71.00? :birdman:

breh dont bother. if you want the full football experience you need to go a league game in the fall/winter. the atmosphere shyts on everyother sports. the friendly games in the states especially is wack.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
breh dont bother. if you want the full football experience you need to go a league game in the fall/winter. the atmosphere shyts on everyother sports. the friendly games in the states especially is wack.

Yeh, I knew it would be a half-assed game but I wasn't sure how bad...

My nikka CR7 prolly aint even commin to The Bay :sadcam:

Daps

If it was last year, you would see most stars for at least 45min, but with the World Cup, a lot players taking extended rests. Like I said, I wouldn't spend 70 on the game,but if you got it for free or you got money to blow, go check it out.

Capo Dei Capi

Daps

fukk what that broke nikka is talking about Real - Inter should be a good game even if only a friendly. Go check it out.