Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
"BBC Sport has learnt that Manchester United did submit their paperwork for their season-long loan deal for Fabio Coentrao before the 2300 BST deadline. But the move will only go ahead if both United and Real Madrid entered the correct details of the deal on Fifa's new transfer matching system. The deadline for that system closed at midnight."

:why:

:laff:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
"BBC Sport has learnt that Manchester United did submit their paperwork for their season-long loan deal for Fabio Coentrao before the 2300 BST deadline. But the move will only go ahead if both United and Real Madrid entered the correct details of the deal on Fifa's new transfer matching system. The deadline for that system closed at midnight."

AujlZef.gif

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I didnt ,miss your point. Moyes is gettin his Wenger :patrice: Im not sure on him on. But the whole Thiago thing I jsut found funny, coz the way you put it across like you did all the leg work just for someone to come in at the last min and steal him like Fergie did with Roy Keane and what Spurs did to Fergie with Gazza.

There are midfielders out there BUT gettin the right one that you need isnt that easy. The best CM in the league is Yaya and he is head and shoulders above everyone elses CM's in the Top 4/5. But yet you out hurrr tellin us its easy to get midfielders of that ilk/ability.
Nah we basically agree on most points. We disagree on the fact that Fergie left a weak squad to Moyes. I'm claiming that all United need is a midfielder and a left back.

Thiago point being that I got an impression that Moyes p*ssyfooted around him, he was there. Known, scouted, ready to leave, except United fukked around him like they did Herrera and Bayern took him under their noses. I also read that Moyes was unsure of Modric's quality. Only one they were down for was Fabregas but it took them 2 months to put in a serious bid and realize where they stand.

By the way you're framing the argument no one ever would buy a midfielder because there is only one Yaya Toure, very hard to find a similar player.

£40 million - Fabregas, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Hamsik, Ozil, Witsel, Marchisio
£30 million - Herrera, Fernandinho, Isco, Modric, Willian, Verratti, Matuidi, Gotze, Gundogan, Draxler
£20 million - Xabi Alonso, Banega, Paulinho, Luiz Gustavo, Bender, Pjanic, Fellaini, Strootman,
£10 million - Capoue, Sandro, Eriksen, Denisov, Cabaye, De Rossi, Honda

That's just off top of my head, I don't have any scouts working for me. But you can pretty much throw out all those attacking mids because they would be sitting on the bench with Kagawa. Some would be rejected right away but if you need a midfielder you can get at least one without using impostors last minute.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

stanley_laugh.gif

One of the biggest football clubs in the world looking like amateurs in the transfer market.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nah we basically agree on most points. We disagree on the fact that Fergie left a weak squad to Moyes. I'm claiming that all United need is a midfielder and a left back.

Thiago point being that I got an impression that Moyes p*ssyfooted around him, he was there. Known, scouted, ready to leave, except United fukked around him like they did Herrera and Bayern took him under their noses. I also read that Moyes was unsure of Modric's quality. Only one they were down for was Fabregas but it took them 2 months to put in a serious bid and realize where they stand.

By the way you're framing the argument no one ever would buy a midfielder because there is only one Yaya Toure, very hard to find a similar player.

£40 million - Fabregas, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Hamsik, Ozil, Witsel, Marchisio
£30 million - Herrera, Fernandinho, Isco, Modric, Willian, Verratti, Matuidi, Gotze, Gundogan, Draxler
£20 million - Xabi Alonso, Banega, Paulinho, Luiz Gustavo, Bender, Pjanic, Fellaini, Strootman,
£10 million - Capoue, Sandro, Eriksen, Denisov, Cabaye, De Rossi, Honda

That's just off top of my head, I don't have any scouts working for me. But you can pretty much throw out all those attacking mids because they would be sitting on the bench with Kagawa. Some would be rejected right away but if you need a midfielder you can get at least one without using impostors last minute.

My point is outside of Yaya, United, Arsenal & Chelsea all need a top quality CM of some variant (anchor/b2b/playmaker) in their line ups, they have good midfielders especially for the PL but really when you compare the other 2/3 man midfields with the other top teams in europe, there is a drop off in quality. And if its as easy as you say it is to get proper top midfielder, then they would have done so. You can get away with havin in the PL, but in the CL, not so much. The Verratti, Gundogan, Pogba's Kondogbias of the world are still making their way names in the game even tho they are extrmely talented, they still have some way to go..

Alot of the players you listed arent even CM's they AM's. did you see Cesc in his dyin dies @ Arsenal he became lazy as fukk and thats when he was the AM? and Pep wasnt impressed when he played Cesc deeper, reason to why he ended up as the fake 9 when Messi was out/rested or the #10 if Spain bothered to play with a striker. Some of the others are W/AM's like Willian, Isco, Draxler..

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But since Madrid seem to have this magical money tree, they never really take losses.

They are really the rich kid, who can do whatever they like with worrying about consequences