Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
whats everyone FFL team looking like?

Mine

GK:Stekelenburg(FUL),Boruc(SOU)

DEF:Ivanovic(CHE),Reid (WHU),Walker(Spurs),McNaughton(Car)

Mid: Mata (Che),Dempsey(spurs),Nolan(WHU),Snodgrass(NOR),Sissoko(NEW)

Fwd: Lambert(SOU),Benteke(Villa),Lukaku(Che)

Too early to pick.

I'll set up the league next week

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Check out
Utopia
Justified

aswell brehs , im bouta start on 'ray donovan' tonite been hearing good things.
Both good shows.
I like the Utopia's directing and the imagery. Those wide and colorful shots are great and sets the tone of the series incredibly well. And Hyde's character seems so etheric too, I think I'm falling in love :wow:
Justified seemed like The Wire in the country thanks to the slow-building action and the whole drug trade but the main character gets on my nerve, that's why I'm waiting for watch s02.
Dude is always smug and I feel like I can't take him seriously.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
By the ways brehs... What are fantasy leagues ? I never understood the concept ? :lupe:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
By the ways brehs... What are fantasy leagues ? I never understood the concept ? :lupe:

Fantasy Football (nfl) is huge here in the states. They have Sportscenter segments just for fantasy football, there was a sit com called The League that revolved around a fantasy football league, it's very common for offices and workplaces to have leagues.

Essentially you and your friends get together and sign up a league through a fantasy website (like Yahoo has one, they're all over).

Your league has a live draft where one day everyone participating in the league logs on at the same time and pick players for their individual teams. People like to get real deep into it, you look at players stats, their performances, and you go off general hunches to pick your team.

Once your team is picked you go into week 1 and depending on how the players play in real life that determines how well they do in the fantasy league. So say Tom Brady throws 4 touchdowns, 200+ yards in real life, that's obviously gonna be good for you if he's on your team. If he threw 2 interceptions one week it's bad and so on. Based on how your team does you go up in the rankings in the league. You can also trade players between league members, bench players if they're not playing well, fiddle with the line up etc.

Myself I've always thought it was sorta boring and a chore to do but it's huge. Fantasy football (soccer) is essentially the same thing, though there's no draft, you're given a budget to buy a squad and the better players, your RVPs, Bale's etc. are more expensive while your shyt players, Rooneys etc are gonna cost less, so you have to get a good mix of stars and lesser known players for your squad. Then once you have your squad, you pick your first 11 and the formation and they get points added or deducted for how they play in real life depending on what they do, goals, assists, clean sheets, own goals, goals conceded etc. etc.

OFT usually has a league every season.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Nothing else is on, and Republica Deportiva has like a 5 hour final preview. Took a tour of Chicago and whatnot, approximately 37-39 times better coverage than any English outlet.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Both good shows.
I like the Utopia's directing and the imagery. Those wide and colorful shots are great and sets the tone of the series incredibly well. And Hyde's character seems so etheric too, I think I'm falling in love :wow:
Justified seemed like The Wire in the country thanks to the slow-building action and the whole drug trade but the main character gets on my nerve, that's why I'm waiting for watch s02.
Dude is always smug and I feel like I can't take him seriously.

i feel ya, took time for me to be a fan of raylan. i think by s3 i started to appreciate the smug look and cowboy hat :laugh:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:whoa: nothing wrong with all white casts outside of hollywood perpetuating a good ol boys system and whatnot, but content wise, i have no issues. i just need characters and/or compelling stories. if i get at least a heaping dose of one, i'm good. mad men appears to be a screenshot. doesn't go anywhere. it's beautifully documented, but it doesn't move.

my mother enjoys it a lot, she says it's interesting to see the era of her adolescence from a different angle. i can dig that. but for me it's :manny:

i tried the americans, liked it but didn't love it, but i'll probably try again when it's all over just to marathon it. have zero desire to watch orange is the new black - appears to be less compelling than mad men :yeshrug: wanna get into The Bridge, finally catch up on the criminal amounts of Luther i've missed (like 70%), been liking Ray Donovan so far, and i'm hate/semi-bemusedly watching the last season of Dexter.

dont bother with the bride breh. main character goes full retard so many times its hard not to hate her (she has aspergers). Orangeisthenewblack is actually really dope not too slow, funny dialogue, some allright titty shots :ahh:, its a hit in my eyes.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Levy actually agreed to pay Valencia 30 million for Soldado....:heh:

Looks like Bale is gone.