Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
@Kunty McPhuck
midfield mess up, blame lampard :manny:

Usa 3 - Mexico 0
brace for Altidore and a tap in for Dempsey

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
Deschamps subs were :mindblown:
[...]
The two first are logical IMO :
We began as a 4/3/3 with one DM (Pogba) to let Matuidi track Xavi and Cabaye lead the team. Then we change to two DM like the last match against Spain so Valbuena could be a 10 in front of Pogba and Matuidi. So the Menez for Cabaye sub is logical, him taking Valbuena place so the latter can be AM.

Sissoko for Benzo makes sense too. He was great last time against Spain with his power to penetrate (even though after Pogba was sent off, we were playing a 4/2/3 with Valbuena a little deeper) and couldn't exactly replicate last time coaching. Ribéry then stayed on the left, Menez was more central, Sissoko was on the right if I remember right.

Deschamps just tried to recreate the second half that works last time against Spain. And well, Giroud for Jallet was just a banzai move... Maybe a little earlier like 85' would have been better, but at 92 it's too late.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:
Let's not act like this team is not solid. The future may not be the brightest but it's still good. We were almost neck to neck with Spain which is only the world champ team and two times euro champ team...

I think Deschamps' team really have something going on. The only problem is Benzema who (I hate to say it, me being a fan of dude but) should be replaced by Giroud as a starter.

I was talking about England breh.

France- England playoff in the cards :ohhh: ?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just wait for Kakuta Boga to come through and France will be good to go breh :blessed:
Kakuta was supposed to be the next big thing :snoop:
He came back to France at Dijon (in Ligue 2 !) after fleeing to England for the money and now he plays for a club in the Netherlands. We had to many promising players who became nobodies, so I can't believe the hype any more. :sadcam:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I was talking about England breh.

France- England playoff in the cards :ohhh: ?
My bad :ninja2:
1994 (well 1993 to be exact because of Kostadinov) and french football is still an open wound so my brain reacted too fast :hyena:

[ame=http://youtu.be/oMbCxl4hnzA]Emil Kostadinov but France Bulgarie 17 novembre 1993 - YouTube[/ame]

This shyt still burns a lot of french souls... :sadbron:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I can't believe how shytty evra and jallet have been :why: when I think Jallet is supposed to be on the wing twice against barca :snoop: let's hope ancelotti will put vdw in his place (even if he's not a great insurance either)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe how shytty evra and jallet have been :why: when I think Jallet is supposed to be on the wing twice against barca :snoop: let's hope ancelotti will put vdw in his place (even if he's not a great insurance either)
Yeah we didn't have top-notch full-backs on this match.
I like Debuchy as a right back but he doesn't seem to be as good as he was the past few years. And on the left, Evra is a mystery : very good with United but still so-so with France.
:manny: