Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Raphinha was laughed at not too long ago.

Basically one of Barca's main players and is one of the captains. :myman:

@African_brehda See what we have to deal with every week with Ten Scam? Who ever makes Antony look somewhat decent will have a greater legacy than Sir Alex. :unimpressed:
He’s a scammer. United has given him too much grace

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The treble does not count for this BDor. City only won PL last year. Plus city undefeated without Rodri and he didn’t even play the full final and Spain won. If he wins it’s due to good ole fashion racism. Rodri is prob top 5 player in the world but he wasn’t the best last year

My fauly my years got mixed up. But you can't deny his impact dude. He's statistically the most progressive play on Earth. Now, I'm not saying that racism isn't a factor here, it always is. But say he's not top 3 in the running is simply untrue, breh.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Raphinha was laughed at not too long ago.

Basically one of Barca's main players and is one of the captains. :myman:

@African_brehda See what we have to deal with every week with Ten Scam? Who ever makes Antony look somewhat decent will have a greater legacy than Sir Alex. :unimpressed:
Man could’ve been mismanaged by Chelsea if those Leeds boys had any scruples

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I’m not mad at this, but my view of the midfield required another ball carrier in that role, not a Xhaka. Xhaka’s last season was highly overrated and coincided with a lucky run of form for several players IMO. Not saying he was bad but I think his role is being overrated nowadays.

In fact, Nwaneri could even possibly be that player if Arteta wasn’t a coward. Against these teams below us at home why not play another forward thinking midfielder there, who can get us out of presses? I want another Hleb/Santi in our midfield :wow:

Edit: Aaron Ramsey even would eat in this team. Maybe Merino shows something like it this season.

I disagree with "lucky form". Martinelli was great that season because Xhaka could get him the ball and then protected the flank. This mean he could attack with more freedom. With Kai there, he simply didn't have the service. Couple that with the Saka/White partnership on the other side and Odegaard distributing...I mean that's not luck. That's a formation that played to their strengths. Xhaka was always played out of position in the double pivot as a CDM. For Switzerland and for Leverkusen he's a attack minded CM. I'd argue 22/23 was one of the only seasons we actually saw the man play in his proper position.