Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The amount of money being poured into the championship and what is at stake makes it a far more competitive league than eredivisie.
I might need a resident English football expert to correct me if I’m wrong on this statement but in the past 10 years, hasn’t it been the same 7-8 clubs that mainly yo-yo in and out the Prem?

Soton, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Sheffield etc

@Kunty McPhuck

You think a breh just gonna get a job at Bayern without exceptional qualities? Germany doesn't have affirmative action.
Fair point on affirmative action but Kompany was Bayern’s 6th choice for manager. Hell, they went to Oliver Glasner before Kompany. Not exactly like they were chomping at the bits for breh.

unitl Vini Jr makes a decision about this Saudi offer.
Would Vini even go? I heard he’s not gonna take it.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Not surprised how we started: away from home with a weakened squad. So we were always gonna play cautiously.

I am surprised it has remained goalless so far. Martinelli offers absolutely nothing. Zero! Zilch!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
We looked terrible. I told people, relying on Saka and Odegaard to be injury free again in a long season is bad squad building. Those two are the key to our goal scoring. Everyone else is a cog, they’re the engine.

Defensively it’s fine since we have 1000 quality defenders to choose from now, but our forward and midfield play is atrocious

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I might need a resident English football expert to correct me if I’m wrong on this statement but in the past 10 years, hasn’t it been the same 7-8 clubs that mainly yo-yo in and out the Prem?

Soton, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Sheffield etc

@Kunty McPhuck

Fair point on affirmative action but Kompany was Bayern’s 6th choice for manager. Hell, they went to Oliver Glasner before Kompany. Not exactly like they were chomping at the bits for breh.

Would Vini even go? I heard he’s not gonna take it.

The Championship is like top 5-6 in attendance in the world.

Parachute payments. Tom Brady The Double R's at Wrexham. The York family and Ferrell at Leeds.

How many teams you know got 25k+ stadiums in the 3rd tier? Elsewhere in the world?

I doubt Vini goes to Saudi. But feelings do get hurt in various ways.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if I can defend Martinelli anymore.:francis: I want to see him with Merino in the left 8, but let me see him run in the box like this 1 more time

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Championship is like top 5-6 in attendance in the world.

Parachute payments. Tom Brady The Double R's at Wrexham. The York family and Ferrell at Leeds.

How many teams you know got 25k+ stadiums in the 3rd tier? Elsewhere in the world?

I doubt Vini goes to Saudi. But feelings do get hurt in various ways.

Bundesliga 2 teams play in some huge capacity stadiums as well.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I can’t watch another minute of Jorginho being aggressive, not getting the ball, then getting turned, then flabbily fouling. fukk this game really pissing me off