Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Genuine question - when exactly is Arteta supposed to give these teenagers game time? The league cup? And if Arsenal lose in the early rounds because they were playing youth players then what would the general response be?

Arsenal has one of the youngest teams in the league. All Arteta does is play youth lol. He built the core of his entire team around them.
Arsenal have been losing in the early rounds, for a while now:pachaha:
Losing playing youngsters shouldn't be a big deal.
Arteta has done very well with the team, but integrating the younger academy players has been one of weaknesses.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Arsenal have been losing in the early rounds, for a while now:pachaha:
Losing playing youngsters shouldn't be a big deal.
Arteta has done very well with the team, but integrating the younger academy players has been one of weaknesses.
And fans have been complaining about not taking the League Cup more seriously for over two decades now… Playing some 16/17 year old from the youth team, that may not be ready for that level of competition, will not change that.

Arteta’s focus has been on changing the mentality of the club. Arsenal are now expected to take every cup competition seriously.

Also, I am sure we can both agree that Arsenal shouldn’t be considering playing any youth team players in the league at this point in time.

Again, Arsenal is one of the youngest teams in the league. To say Arteta hates youth is funny to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
None of those boys are gonna get any minutes from Arteta

Yup, outside of Saka really no hale end boys get consistent pt or even a chance under Arteta. And Saka was first team before he even got there.

Smith Rowe, Reiss nelson, nketiah all in doghouse and will prob be sold

Last edited:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
And fans have been complaining about not taking the League Cup more seriously for over two decades now… Playing some 16/17 year old from the youth team, that may not be ready for that level of competition, will not change that.

Arteta’s focus has been on changing the mentality of the club. Arsenal are now expected to take every cup competition seriously.

Also, I am sure we can both agree that Arsenal shouldn’t be considering playing any youth team players in the league at this point in time.

Again, Arsenal is one of the youngest teams in the league. To say Arteta hates youth is funny to me.
Fact remains if the younger players from the academy don't get a chance to play or at least feel like they have an opportunity to play and get into the first team, then they're gonna look elsewhere. Which means the club could end up losing some potentially talented players. And this is what we are seeing now.
Arteta will need to figure that out.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Fact remains if the younger players from the academy don't get a chance to play or at least feel like they have an opportunity to play and get into the first team, then they're gonna look elsewhere. Which means the club could end up losing some potentially talented players. And this is what we are seeing now.
Arteta will need to figure that out.
I don’t disagree. But I still don’t think that proves that Arteta hates youth players. Again, he built the current team on young players.

The kids from the youth team have to be good enough to raise the levels of the first team. If they aren’t good enough, then they shouldn’t be anywhere near the team for league or cup games. Arsenal is a club working to win big trophies again. It isn’t a daycare. If youth players want to get into the first team then it has to be earned.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real shiiit, I will not buy any young player from France who plays anywhere besides DM and CB. Olise and Mbappe are fukking unicorns. Cause these other dudes do not know how to score.

And when did Japan start having Morenos on thier teams

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Says dembele plays like hes autistic. Wtf up with argentinians :wtf:
This the argentina coach where in 2018 the players revolted and coached themselves