Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
CR7 was the more robotic, more athletic, more effective version of ryan giggs on steroids.

Cold Palmer is the more robotic, more athletic, more effective version of .... chris waddle ..

:hubie:

change of pace/direction, imagination, close control, speed, wing play, (almost) CM play, crossing, eye for a goal, languid, dribbling

cold seems faster over the first few yards and more rounded as a MF. waddle was a better crosser.

:hubie:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
city aint dropping no points :to:
Arsenal shouldn't be disappointed, imo.

They beat Man U, they would surpass last year's points tally, and have no losses against "The Big 6".

Arteta is still learning as a manager, he needs to trust his rotational players.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal shouldn't be disappointed, imo.

They beat Man U, they would surpass last year's points tally, and have no losses against "The Big 6".

Arteta is still learning as a manager, he needs to trust his rotational players.

It's very simple, Arteta has now seen what it is to win a league, especially against City.

You can't lose more then 3 games. Next season, at least 2 off those losses have to be draws. When you look at all the leagues, it's simple, you can't lose more then 2/3 games, and have plans on winning any league.

Last edited:

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Played ball yesterday for the first time in a long while, and I got cooked by some teenagers. For the first 30 minutes or so I was locking down the midfield defensively like prime Casemiro. But after I hit the wall I was playing like 2024 Casemiro. I was out there jogging trying to look like I was working hard, but I wasn’t doing a got damn thing. At one point I put a hard foul on this kid, because I thought it would slow him down. All that did was make him start playing harder :snoop:

I was planning on playing again today, but this morning I woke up and I could barely get out of bed because my ankle is so swollen :old:

CH05XK7UsAEGekZ-3-edited-1.jpg

Daps
It's very simple, Arteta has now seen what it is to win a league, especially against City.

You can't lose more then 3 games. Next season, at least 2 off those losses have to be draws. When you look at all the leagues, it's simple, you can't lose more then 2/3 games, and have plans on winning any league.
In the 18/19 season we lost just once,
To man City in early January and we still didnt win the league

From about February onwards we only drew i think once to Everton away winning the rest and it still wasnt enough to win the league with 97 points

Unfortunately you now have to be near perfect all season to end up above that team who are powered and fuelled by their 115 charges and it will stay that way until Pep leaves or when they are finally brought to justice :hubie:

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting tired of the Cole Palmer praise.

I have no problem with the kid and his skill, but English commentary always makes him sound like the second coming of the messiah. Same thing they did to Grealish.

Grealish has never had a season like the one Palmer is having tbf.

Palmer is the real deal in the final third. Goals, assists, link play, set pieces etc. He even drops deep when the team is struggling to progress play and does the business there.

He absolutely deserves all the praise he's getting. :manny:

Ridiculous numbers.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Grealish has never had a season like the one Palmer is having tbf.

Palmer is the real deal in the final third. Goals, assists, link play, set pieces etc. He even drops deep when the team is struggling to progress play and does the business there.

He absolutely deserves all the praise he's getting. :manny:

Ridiculous numbers.

I am not arguing about his season. It has been excellent, but you know how British commentators are, one season and you are treated like the second coming of the messiah, have a few bad games and they will rip him apart.

I just grow weary of it. You can speak to the season he has had without acting like every single pass was blessed by Jesus.