Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I wonder what the management and ownership in Leverkusen think. The players' transfer value are at its highest probably BUT they are playing CL football next year. Would you sell players at the highest market value now who probably won't replicate this run in the following season(s)?

They’ll sell a couple players and retool the squad the same way they did this year by looking for good value deals in the transfer market e.g. Boniface, Grimaldo, Xhaka

UCL revenue next season means less pressure to sell players.

I think they sell Frimpong, Schick and possibly Palacios (I’d want mans at United).

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
They’ll sell a couple players and retool the squad the same way they did this year by looking for good value deals in the transfer market e.g. Boniface, Grimaldo, Xhaka

UCL revenue next season means less pressure to sell players.

I think they sell Frimpong, Schick and possibly Palacios (I’d want mans at United).

Boniface was on a hot streak before the injury. I was rooting for dude and Guirassy to perform well but it showed how good of a coach Xabi Alonso and his system. He has built more of a system as opposed to dependence on one or two super talented players. I really thought that they were going to struggle with Boniface out but they continued to perform, a testament to Alonso as a manager.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I can appreciate sporting achievement especially for a club I have no bone in outside of wanting to see my Naija boys Boniface and Tella do well.

yeah. but there is more to it than that. but this is not the thread for that.

when du das verstehst, dann wurdest du es auch verstehen.

(und ein bisschen uber das leben auch noch mitbegriffen voellig belastung- and kosten-frei).

:hubie:

4 more finals for Leverkusen with 2 of them being actual cup finals. They will very likely go undefeated in Germany.

no one cares about records in germany.

and the europa cup isn't all that.

aber deprimierte deutschen sind immer etwas schon anschauen zu koennen :hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I wonder what the management and ownership in Leverkusen think. The players' (Frimpong, Wirtz and the Moroccan kid I forgot his name) transfer value are at its highest probably BUT they are playing CL football next year. Would you sell players at the highest market value now who probably won't replicate this run in the following season(s)?

:ehh: leverkusen is a ruhr city (well town) with nothing but bayer (conglomerate) there.

of course all their better players will leave / be sold.

and of course alonso is going to leave.

"Der FC Bayern ist trotz der Teilnahme am Halbfinale der Champions League dabei, den Anschluss zu den Größten zu verlieren. Warum sollte der wahrscheinlich begehrteste deutsche Fußballer dieses Jahrzehnts zu einem Verein gehen, zu dem jetzt schon keiner der großen Trainer mehr will?"

"Wirtz ist ein besonderer Spieler – weil er Anführer, Künstler und Mannschaftsspieler zugleich ist. Alles auf höchstem Niveau. Er ist dabei, Leverkusen zum Triple zu führen. Wer mit 21 so gut und mental so stark ist, braucht keinen Zwischenschritt mehr."

"Wenn Wirtz in einem Jahr wechseln sollte, dann bitte sofort zu den Besten. Wirtz ist ein Spieler für Real Madrid! Das weiße Trikot würde ihm am besten stehen. Weil er zu diesem Verein passt. Weil er ein königlicher Spieler ist."

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
……..

and the europa cup isn't all that.

aber deprimierte deutschen sind immer etwas schon anschauen zu koennen :hubie:

Bro, you know you can just type what you’re saying in English and just shoot straight. All this German ain’t it. This the Coli not Google translate lol.

This is a nice sporting story, don’t need to make too much else out of it.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Boniface was on a hot streak before the injury. I was rooting for dude and Guirassy to perform well but it showed how good of a coach Xabi Alonso and his system. He has built more of a system as opposed to dependence on one or two super talented players. I really thought that they were going to struggle with Boniface out but they continued to perform, a testament to Alonso as a manager.

Yea they did well without him but with him, they are a totally different proposition. I think he could one they sell as well, especially if Prem money comes for him.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Bro, you know you can just type what you’re saying English and just shoot straight. Idk, all this German ain’t it. This the Coli not Google translate lol.

This is a nice sporting story, don’t need to make too much else out of it.

german, spanish, portuguese, french, english .. this thread is multi-lingual

now i'm off to big up the boston celtics, the afrikans warriors and big hogg in nascar

:wow::hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
PSG should beat Dortmund. I dont trust Dortmund for anything.
:mjgrin:

Screenshot-2024-05-10-at-08-14-15.png

My predictions for this week's CL

City to win and knock out Madrid
Barcelona to win and Knock out
Atl madrid to lose but still go through some how probably extra time or pens
And well the arsenal game.. History tells me Bayern win,Home, european pedigree, But ...i feel its gonna be am all english semi

:picard:

(*names removed to protect the innocent ... )
ls.jpg