Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Osimhen needs to work on his PKs. Not a good conversion ratio from the spot.

That, and staying onside. Probably the two biggest areas he needs to improve in his game.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The new format for the Champion's League has been made official

How do they determine the 8 games each team plays though? if it's by random draw there's gonna be teams getting a top 8 position just because of an easier schedule and then get washed in the round of 16 :bryan:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

How do they determine the 8 games each team plays though? if it's by random draw there's gonna be teams getting a top 8 position just because of an easier schedule and then get washed in the round of 16 :bryan:

Random but teams are in the same pots that they currently use now when they make groups.

So for example psg would only play 2 other league champion teams as they would both be in pot 1

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

that's how cups work.

the oldest club comp in the world ..

Screenshot-2024-03-04-at-13-08-00.png

:hubie:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

Going off Football Manager it appears to be random.

I have ended up playing mad big teams in the league phase.
I don't really like it,

Kinda takes away from when you actually get to the knockout rounds cause I end up playing those same teams i've already played.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Going off Football Manager it appears to be random.

I have ended up playing mad big teams in the league phase.
I don't really like it,

Kinda takes away from when you actually get to the knockout rounds cause I end up playing those same teams i've already played.
Yeah, it's a fine line between taking away from special matchups that happen very rarely and creating rivalries between big clubs (a Bayern vs Madrid, for example).