Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Americans will one day hopefully realize how shytty our sports viewing situation really is due to corporations' greed
nah, ours is better. they get raped on the charges in the UK. international fans have better options than the domestic fans. if you're in the UK and the game is on at 3pm your ass HAS to pirate it to see it. i saw a instagram post from alex iwobi a couple weeks ago while he was watching a pirated stream of an arsenal game on his laptop ... a premier league player.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah, ours is better. they get raped on the charges in the UK. international fans have better options than the domestic fans. if you're in the UK and the game is on at 3pm your ass HAS to pirate it to see it. i saw a instagram post from alex iwobi a couple weeks ago while he was watching a pirated stream of an arsenal game on his laptop ... a premier league player.
Yeah, prices are crazy with sky and Tnt packages, that why brehs were purchasing peacock subs a while back

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

Yea I know in some Caribbean islands....you get UK/Euro channels along with US channels...so you can watch all these games but lowkey I think they pirate them and play them too :russ:I know back in the day in St. Lucia, DBS used to pirate WWF ppvs and show them:mjlol::blessed:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Yea I know in some Caribbean islands....you get UK/Euro channels along with US channels...so you can watch all these games but lowkey I think they pirate them and play them too :russ:I know back in the day in St. Lucia, DBS used to pirate WWF ppvs and show them:mjlol::blessed:
think about how the NFL is the #1 sport in america BY FAR. the premier league is #1 sport in the UK BY FAR. if it's just about seeing the games (and not all the extra shyt), they can go the store, buy a tv and an antenna and watch a game on FOX, NBC or ABC. $0 a month. could you imagine the vast majority of premier league games being on the BBC and ITV?

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
think about how the NFL is the #1 sport in america BY FAR. the premier league is #1 sport in the UK BY FAR. if it's just about seeing the games (and not all the extra shyt), they can go the store, buy a tv and an antenna and watch a game on FOX, NBC or ABC. $0 a month. could you imagine the vast majority of premier league games being on the BBC or ITV?

That's was the best bit about Covid/Lockdowns. Nearly every game was on the box on BBC BT or SKY. :blessed:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
think about how the NFL is the #1 sport in america BY FAR. the premier league is #1 sport in the UK BY FAR. if it's just about seeing the games (and not all the extra shyt), they can go the store, buy a tv and an antenna and watch a game on FOX, NBC or ABC. $0 a month. could you imagine the vast majority of premier league games being on the BBC and ITV?
Ok, yea that's what I was thinking about. Cause like if I'm a Knicks fan in the NYC metro area, I can almost watch any Knicks game (depending on what cable company I'm with). Sounds like in the UK, what you can watch, youre at the mercy of the provider?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Fulham with another 5-0 win?

tony-khan-aew.gif

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Ok, yea that's what I was thinking about. Cause like if I'm a Knicks fan in the NYC metro area, I can almost watch any Knicks game (depending on what cable company I'm with). Sounds like in the UK, what you can watch, youre at the mercy of the provider?
if you're an arsenal supporter in the UK, you pretty much have to pay for all the premium channels if you want to see all the arsenal games (same for every other team supporter). PSV will be on TNT, Liverpool on Sky, West Ham on Prime Video. the one upcoming gift is the FA cup match against Liverpool which will be on BBC 1.