Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Damn, I see most of the guys have turned on ETH.

Gonna be honest, I don't see anything changing if we sack him. Not in the long run at least. I think we have to stick out. I genuinely think he is the man to take United forward despite many things frustrating me about him (primarily his questionable transfer targets).

We've seen what happens to other managers at this club, at some point you cannot beat the club structure, at some point it will catch up to you. The club is just not set up for prolonged success. You could put Pep Guardiola in charge and after 18 months he'll be in the same position.

Not saying Ten Hag will salvage this season or his job with more time but at this point I don't see what there is lose by sticking with him. If anything, it might actually make the fans mad enough to really turn the pressure up on those owners in a way they'll feel it.

Worst signing in premier league history by a distance.

Get them both :camby:
Easily.

Can't take on a man, no attacking output in terms of assists goals or chances created, no weak foot ability.

How did he make it pro? Why is he being played on the right wing and not the left where can at least go outside and make crosses?

He's so embarrassingly predictable. Everytime it's cut inside and look for a pass or shoot into row z.

Defensive work rate is all he has going for him but should that cost 80 million?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Gonna be honest, I don't see anything changing if we sack him. Not in the long run at least. I think we have to stick out. I genuinely think he is the man to take United forward despite many things frustrating me about him (primarily his questionable transfer targets).

We've seen what happens to other managers at this club, at some point you cannot beat the club structure, at some point it will catch up to you. The club is just not set up for prolonged success. You could put Pep Guardiola in charge and after 18 months he'll be in the same position.

Not saying Ten Hag will salvage this season or his job with more time but at this point I don't see what there is lose by sticking with him. If anything, it might actually make the fans mad enough to really turn the pressure up on those owners in a way they'll feel it.

Easily.

Can't take on a man, no attacking output in terms of assists goals or chances created, no weak foot ability.

How did he make it pro? Why is he being played on the right wing and not the left where can at least go outside and make crosses?

He's so embarrassingly predictable. Everytime it's cut inside and look for a pass or shoot into row z.

Defensive work rate is all he has going for him but should that cost 80 million?

It ain't just the Glazers though. You lot are looking for the next Fergie and need to realize it's not going to happen. Chelsea got over Jose, Arsenal got over Wenger but for some reason Yanited think that if he's not Fergie levels than the skipper is an abject failure. Jose brought ya'll a Europa League and a League Cup with a nearly 60% win percentage...but that wasn't good enough. Van Gaal brought you an FA Cup but that wasn't good enough. Both Jose and LVG got less than 150 games as skipper.

You aren't going to get De Zerbi or Zidane or Allegri or any other manager with big ideas or big legacy. So you're going to have to take a chance on someone with a significantly lesser pedigree and back him. That's not going to happen. Best United could probably get at this moment is Graham Potter.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It ain't just the Glazers though. You lot are looking for the next Fergie and need to realize it's not going to happen. Chelsea got over Jose, Arsenal got over Wenger but for some reason Yanited think that if he's not Fergie levels than the skipper is an abject failure. Jose brought ya'll a Europa League and a League Cup with a nearly 60% win percentage...but that wasn't good enough. Van Gaal brought you an FA Cup but that wasn't good enough. Both Jose and LVG got less than 150 games as skipper.

You aren't going to get De Zerbi or Zidane or Allegri or any other manager with big ideas or big legacy. So you're going to have to take a chance on someone with a significantly lesser pedigree and back him. That's not going to happen. Best United could probably get at this moment is Graham Potter.
I think you have it backwards. United fans know there's no Fergie, that's why they've been asking for a proper football structure to be put in place. The Glazers are the ones who want another Fergie to do everything football related for the club. That's why they have treated every manager like Fergie. United fans have been screaming for a world class DoF and recruitment department for years. So you have it completely opposite.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

If ETH had bought the players newcastle bought instead would the club still be in crisis?

no IMO.

did SAF circumvent the glazers' ownership?

yes IMO.

I don't agree that no manager could "do better mid to long term" while the glazer's are around.

ETH had made a rod for his own back with his statements, his purchases and his beefs.

Those are ETH's problems and not issues that another manager would have to repeat.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think you have it backwards. United fans know there's no Fergie, that's why they've been asking for a proper football structure to be put in place. The Glazers are the ones who want another Fergie to do everything football related for the club. That's why they have treated every manager like Fergie. United fans have been screaming for a world class DoF and recruitment department for years. So you have it completely opposite.

That's fair.

But the fans' energy to me is all wrong. I'm a Gunner I've been through this a couple times now over the past twenty some odd years. They have to be realistic. This is not a title contending team, and structurally shouldn't be. Europa League shoulda been the aim with UCL being a bonus. I mean look at how they get manhandled in UCL that's not this team's level. Just like Arsenal's levels in the Emery era was Europa league. It was annoying, but we had to be real with ourselves.

Yanited fans ain't doing that. Talking bout title charges and all that. Nah, you have to be honest. Until all the stuff you said happens, United are not a top level team. Period.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Screenshot-20231102-204303-Facebook.jpg