Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
maguire4.jpg

Brexit United, one for the history books :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
MOTM is Jesus sure, but Tomiyasu was GIGANTIC
Tomiyasu should be every match starter for us. Unsure, how you can play Zinchenko over him when he doesn't do that many things better than Tomiyasu. Arteta has shown he can be ruthless and hopefully this one of the times of being ruthless because you can't tell me we're a better team with Zinchenko starting over Tomiyasu

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Happy for Onana. It’s not easy joining a new league and coming under that much scrutiny. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to overcome that.

And a good 3 points away from home for Arsenal. Sevilla are no slouches. They drew with Real Madrid only a few days ago. A tough team to beat at their ground.

Jesus injury though. :snoop: What will it take for Arteta to buy a good striker?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Tomiyasu should be every match starter for us. Unsure, how you can play Zinchenko over him when he doesn't do that many things better than Tomiyasu. Arteta has shown he can be ruthless and hopefully this one of the times of being ruthless because you can't tell me we're a better team with Zinchenko starting over Tomiyasu
There were a couple starts where Tomi wasn't convincing, but since the first international break, he's definitely been deserving of another start, especially with Zinny not quite up to the quality he was last season. Tomi's my guy and have been hoping to see him start. He's defensively solid and am a litle amazed at how versatile he is. Can play anywhere in the backline, but can also do the inverted role and push way too far up the pitch (in a good way, a la Man City goal)

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Have I missed something about Arsenal's keeping situation? Seems to me Arteta have gone for Raya has the number 1 keeper. Why are people make it seem like they have 2 number 1s fighting for the spot on a game by game basis?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Have I missed something about Arsenal's keeping situation? Seems to me Arteta have gone for Raya has the number 1 keeper. Why are people make it seem like they have 2 number 1s fighting for the spot on a game by game basis?
Raya has been shaky these past few games. People are speculating that Arteta’s stubbornness is preventing Ramsdale from regaining his number one spot. He doesn’t want to seem like he’s “backtracking”.

It is strange to not rotate your keepers during cup competitions. I have a feeling there has been a fallout between Mikel and Aaron.