Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
F77IcQkWoAAJQ9p

No Saka or Martinelli due to injuries. A draw at best. :francis:

Edit: Martinelli and Partey are on the bench at least

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
We’re about to get embarrassed breh. I’ve already chalked this up as a loss. Nketiah and Jesus starting together never works, Jorginho :mjlol:, no speed or power in the attack. Start Nelson to stretch the field or something!
I don’t know why he persists with Eddie. He’s an impact sub at best. He’s been forced to drop Havertz on the bench but he leaves Partey out of the XI and starts Jorginho? I’m trying hard to understand his logic.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We’re about to get embarrassed breh. I’ve already chalked this up as a loss. Nketiah and Jesus starting together never works, Jorginho :mjlol:, no speed or power in the attack. Start Nelson to stretch the field or something!
What did Viera do this man?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I hope Partey’s on the bench because he’s not fully fit and not because Arteta is trying to be cute :francis:

Jorginho starting probably means Arteta believes the game is gonna be won in the midfield and he’s opted for recycling possession instead of a more direct approach. Could be peak if City play for the counter and bypass our midfield completely and/or target Jorginho for the press :snoop: