Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Morata :ehh:

Atleti started strong.

Ain't he already injured? :mjlol:

As bad as we are I legit couldn't care less about that guy if I tried.

Nah he good now.

You know who is injured? Fofana, Chalobah, Lavia(thanks for the transfer fee), Reece James etc etc

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and its embassy in Abu Dhabi​

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - AUGUST 19:  A general view prior the Premier League match between Manchester City and Newcastle United at Etihad Stadium on August 19, 2023 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

By Dan Sheldon
3h ago

The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges levelled at Manchester City by the Premier League, but are refusing to disclose the correspondence because it could risk the UK’s relationship with the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

On April 6, The Athletic, using the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), requested all correspondence between the FCDO in London and the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi relating the Premier League charges facing Manchester City between December 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023.

On May 10, the FCDO confirmed it “does hold information falling within the terms” of our request, but delayed handing over the correspondence while considering whether it is in the public interest from an international relations perspective.

And on September 6, the FCDO, citing Section 27(1)(a) of the FOIA, said: “We acknowledge that releasing information on this issue would increase public knowledge about our relations with the UAE.

“The disclosure of information detailing our relationship with the UAE government could potentially damage the bilateral relationship between the UK and the UAE.”

The Athletic has appealed this decision.

We asked Manchester City whether they had any comment in relation to the fact such correspondence exists and that if they are not state-owned or funded, then why are the UK government concerned about jeopardising relations between the UK and UAE? Manchester City did not comment.
:unimpressed:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I’m still heated about the Spurs match

Just giving up goals. From Kane to Son.

Reiss should’ve started, I am sick of seeing Eddie wear that #14

:russ:

Giving up goals was Romero . . the only real memorable chance was Jesus picking Maddisons pocket otherwise all Arsenal had was about 30 minutes of high press on Spurs - once they tired/fell back, that was it - also, Ref was giving everything for Arsenal. .. . How Nketiah didnt get a red :wtf:
The pen itself, regardless that it hit Romero point blank - Maddison was fouled and White hand balled it first before he shot :what: If VAR is going to claim Whites handball was unintentional then clearly Romeros is too :francis:

If spurs kept Maddison and Son on, they win the game. I assume Maddison wasn't worth the risk keeping on after the knock, but why take son off :hhh:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain't got nothing to say cause Eddie will score next game and suddenly I am going to hear BS about folks being too harsh