Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
"Yes, I wanted to sign him. Manchester United will never sign a player the manager doesn’t want. That’s not the case everywhere. Jadon was put up as the No 1 target for the right wing by the scouts and when you look at his talent, I could see why. Unfortunately, it has not worked out. When he arrived, he had to go to hospital and that was a setback as he couldn’t start the first games. He’s immensely talented and we haven’t seen the best of him. I hope we do, but he prefers to play left wing… where Marcus plays."

So much for doing your due diligence when you're about to sign a player for £72m. :mjtf:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I want to watch the Arsenal game with all my heart but, i bet United at Allianz arena will be :banderas:

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Speaking at a Second Captains podcast live event in Dublin, the former Scotland international once again took aim at Pogba, criticising his work ethic in both training and during matches as well as his perception that the 30-year-old wants to be “the star of the show” at the expense of his team.

“He’s an extremely talented young man. He should be one of the best midfield players in the world, but he’s lazy,” he said.

“If you remember how he used to take penalties,” he continued, referring to Pogba’s stutter-step technique. “That was him wanting to be the star of the show for that period of time.”

He added: “If he’s lazy in matches he’ll be lazy in training and how can you get after the rest of them if you don’t get after him.”

The impression from many outside observers has often been that Souness’ criticism of Pogba was unfair, but when asked whether he ever thought that was the case he doubled down.

“Not for a nanosecond, no, he’s a lazy t***,” he replied.

:laff: