Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I like Palhinha but 80m is crazy.
Premier League top 6 club doing dumb shyt like that doesn't surprise me but Bayern is a bit more surprising, I guess they're going all out for CL.

Palhinha went to Fulham for €20m. Boubacar Kamara went to Villa on a free transfer. Bruno Guimaraes went to Newcastle for €40m. Even Tonali for €60m is a steal.

I guess big clubs would rather pay double, triple, even quadruple than do their own scouting :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I like Palhinha but 80m is crazy.

That's the price they quoted to West Ham when they came asking. And I'm sure that's the price they told Liverpool when/if they made enquiries. He's worth 80m to Fulham especially when he has 4 years left on his contract.

And much like United Fulham have been a poor selling club over the years.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Premier League top 6 club doing dumb shyt like that doesn't surprise me but Bayern is a bit more surprising, I guess they're going all out for CL.

Palhinha went to Fulham for €20m. Boubacar Kamara went to Villa on a free transfer. Bruno Guimaraes went to Newcastle for €40m. Even Tonali for €60m is a steal.

I guess big clubs would rather pay double, triple, even quadruple than do their own scouting :manny:

It's better for the Top 6 clubs to wait and see if the player adapts to the league. That's why they rather sign them after the fact when they could of gotten them cheaper a year or 2 earlier.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
It's better for the Top 6 clubs to wait and see if the player adapts to the league. That's why they rather sign them after the fact when they could of gotten them cheaper a year or 2 earlier.
That's understandable, they have enough money to spend on a 'sure thing', but at least take a chance on a couple of PL unproven players. Especially when they're cheap, relatively young and play positions that are hard to fill :manny:

Fergie bringing in random players was always fun, even though some were definitely just agent payoffs and he never saw play before :lolbron:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
That's understandable, they have enough money to spend on a 'sure thing', but at least take a chance on a couple of PL unproven players. Especially when they're cheap, relatively young and play positions that are hard to fill :manny:

Fergie bringing in random players was always fun, even though some were definitely just agent payoffs and he never saw play before :lolbron:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

The issue is because the CL money is so important now and so much competition for the 4 places. They aren't taking the risks like that anymore. Even Spurs have thrown that into the bushes and they were the one club who would take the risk out of the top 6. Djed Spence already bushed without getting a real shot.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Why is City selling Palmer ? Wasnt he balling lately ? And he's an academy player ?

I suspect a combination of things. Agents pushing Palmer towards Chelsea instead of whats best for his career. Doku signing and Palmer wanting more game time.

I know we have the Pep :mjpls: thing. But it's out there that Pep doesn't like miserable players or players who aren't training right. That's why Cancelo was bushed and why others been dropped one season and finish on the bench and then the next season become an automatic starter. Like Bernado Silva Stones etc...