Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
John Aldridge is BIG mad

For now, it feels like Boehly and Chelsea are more interested in undermining Liverpool than getting their own house in order and as a Liverpool man, the whole thing has made me sick.

Let him live in London with his fancy car and his big house if that’s what he wants.

If they were willing to spend £110million on one player, why didn’t they try harder to get Jude Bellingham this summer.
Maybe the player had already decided to join Real Madrid, but it seemed that finance was the primary reason why that deal deal through.

As soon as the player made clear he wanted to go to Chelsea over Liverpool, I didn’t want him at all. We are far bigger than Chelsea will ever be. Missing out on this transfer has not hurt me like when Torres left us to go there, that was awful and hard to stomach. Going to Chelsea? When I was at Oxford United, we beat them three times in the space of four months. They have bought their way to where they are.

In terms of the reasons behind Caicedo choosing Chelsea over Liverpool, they are a London club and some players see that as a big pull. With the Louis Vuitton shop on Oxford Street and the London way of life, they view that as a huge attraction.

Chelsea haven’t got the same selling point of Liverpool Football Club: history. We are a massive club in world football and that will always be there.

Whether or not this money was there for Jude Bellingham, we don’t know. With Bellingham, he must have just wanted to go to Real Madrid. If Liverpool was his primary choice, it would have been done. It’s there in black and white now. He must have been seeking the sun in Spain and playing for a massive club in La Liga. Good luck to him.

B2IqNtK.png

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Idk why some ex-players cannot fathom a South American footballer wanting to live in London as opposed to Liverpool.

Money, lifestyle and culture all rank highly outside of club/status and prestige.

In the past 20 yrs, to an outsider, Chelsea has a bigger profile than Liverpool.

Brexit Bruno.
Exactly, helter skelter on the ball

Last edited:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Won the first 2 league games 3-0 and we're already 3-0 up in this one.. Adeboyejo hatty :wow:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
yeah I mean he played in that ukraine match but can't rely on zinchenko and tomiyasu they both are glass

edu and vinai need to holla at josh for some more bread need another defender
I read we were interested in Laporte but Man City isn’t into dealing with us anymore.