Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Not overly impressed with any of Ten Hag's signings this window but he's earned flexibility with last seasons results.

Please prove me wrong Heisenberg
It speaks more to the incompetence of the DoF and the whole club set up that ETH has to have this much involvement in the transfer window.

Edward Woodward disciples are still running the club :unimpressed:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps

Same injury as Fati, and we know he hasn't been the same since. I hope he comes back the same player, such a shame for such a young player

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
How do we know ETH has so much involvement in transfers?
Not so much the Hojlund signing but all other transfer targets with Dutch connections. For example I understand the Mount transfer even though he was overpriced, ETH needs a midfielder with a certain profile, Mount is a known quantity and both ETH and DoF agree that he's the man they need.

But there is zero percent chance that United higher ups had any clue who Malacia was, zero chance they had interest in both Timber and Martinez. Wout Weghorst signing was a complete embarrassment, you're telling me a club with a scouting network as big as United's doesn't have more of a contingency plan and possible targets for each position. If they had done any due diligence and had any other right wing targets, they would never spend 95m on Antony.

Onana was available on a free transfer a year ago, these fukking idiots didn't even know they needed a goalkeeper, much less who Onana was. He was coming off of a drug suspension season and wasn't even guaranteed a starting spot at Inter. And then a year later United pays 50m for him.

I won't even get into the whole FdJ saga :hhh:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Not so much the Hojlund signing but all other transfer targets with Dutch connections. For example I understand the Mount transfer even though he was overpriced, ETH needs a midfielder with a certain profile, Mount is a known quantity and both ETH and DoF agree that he's the man they need.

But there is zero percent chance that United higher ups had any clue who Malacia was, zero chance they had interest in both Timber and Martinez. Wout Weghorst signing was a complete embarrassment, you're telling me a club with a scouting network as big as United's doesn't have more of a contingency plan and possible targets for each position. If they had done any due diligence and had any other right wing targets, they would never spend 95m on Antony.

Onana was available on a free transfer a year ago, these fukking idiots didn't even know they needed a goalkeeper, much less who Onana was. He was coming off of a drug suspension season and wasn't even guaranteed a starting spot at Inter. And then a year later United pays 50m for him.

I won't even get into the whole FdJ saga :hhh:
Amrabat played at Utretch when ETH was there.:lolbron:

Ralf told them about Luiz Diaz, Nkunku and Julian Alvarez and Man Utd were like.

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
72 million fee means Hojlund has to be starting every game. This also means that he is expected to bang in 25-30 goals this coming season.

Anything less would make him a failure.