Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Well we knew it was coming. Where does he end up? I assume Madrid, but can new ownership at Man U persuade him?

I expect the l'equipe exclusive about, lack of respect and broken promises by the end of the week

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I expect the l'equipe exclusive about, lack of respect and broken promises by the end of the week

Oh I'm sure his team is working on their spin.

Now the question is does Neymar stay as PSG will be his team fully or has the fans at PSG pushed him out too? Also where does a guy like Neymar go now? Contract will be hi and only a few teams have the funds for someone like that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Well we knew it was coming. Where does he end up? I assume Madrid, but can new ownership at Man U persuade him? No way PSG doesn't sell him this summer or next winter. They would be foolish to let him walk next summer on a free.

Clearly following Messi to Inter Miami

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Well we knew it was coming. Where does he end up? I assume Madrid, but can new ownership at Man U persuade him? No way PSG doesn't sell him this summer or next winter. They would be foolish to let him walk next summer on a free.

This is not what the article says.
Mbappé has an automatic 1 year extension in its contract which would extend it to 2025. He had to trigger it before end of June I think and that's what he's not doing.

That means, come 2024 he can renegotiate his renewal at his advantage with the threat of leaving for free. Basically, he's been going for short contracts so he has all the leeway if they want to renew him.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

eth3.png