Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

sam-allardyce-whistle.gif

Daps
We did get the last Champions League place...by beating YOU on the final day. Free history lesson there for you, brother.

Between the 96/97 - 02/03 season, Chelsea did the following:

FA Cup (1997)
League Cup (1998)
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1998)
UEFA Super Cup (1998)
Charity Shield (2000)
FA Cup (2000)
Qualified for the CL twice
Qualified for the Uefa Cup twice

Here's how they finished in the league table during that run:

1996-97: 6th
1997-98: 4th
1998-99: 3rd
1999-2000: 5th
2000-01: 6th
2001-02: 6th
2002-03: 4th

Now onto my question: were Chelsea in receipt of oil money during this period?

Just a simple yes or no answer, brother.

And I have a follow up question. :jbhmm:
Thank you for your history lesson, and the answer that you want is no, you were not in receipt of oil money during that period

Funny you started your history lesson in that year though, let's go back a few more years to give you a complete history lesson.

Shall we start at say 87/88 season , the season you finished 18th in the league and had to play a play off against a team in the 2nd division being Middlesbrough and got relegated.
You didn't need oil receipt money for that year either

And I remember them years , I remember watching teletex on a Saturday the next season and seeing the likes of Millwall in the top flight and seeing you playing in the 2nd division

And you are lucky this year that the teams below ain't going to catch you, so you know deep down you ain't going to get relegated even though you might not even get another point again this season :umad:

As I said in my original post when oil money dissappears you could go back to being the club you were before oil money :manny:

It's just some people's memory is longer than others :umad:

Next question though

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

This guy any good, my La Liga connoisseur brehs?

He's probably going to Real Madrid or some other team, but the reporters are using our name for clicks. :lolbron:

For me, Grizzou is player of the season in La Liga, Veiga is young player/break out player of this season.

Great tekkers and he gets forward well and has an eye for goal. Passing isnt maybe what you’d expect from a Spaniard but for the price its promising.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Apparently, he said a tackle Son made was more like martial arts than football :mjlol:

tf martial arts arent exclusive to Asians. :mjlol: like Kobe said: Soft!

Thank you for your history lesson, and the answer that you want is no, you were not in receipt of oil money during that period

Funny you started your history lesson in that year though, let's go back a few more years to give you a complete history lesson.

Shall we start at say 87/88 season , the season you finished 18th in the league and had to play a play off against a team in the 2nd division being Middlesbrough and got relegated.
You didn't need oil receipt money for that year either

And I remember them years , I remember watching teletex on a Saturday the next season and seeing the likes of Millwall in the top flight and seeing you playing in the 2nd division

And you are lucky this year that the teams below ain't going to catch you, so you know deep down you ain't going to get relegated even though you might not even get another point again this season :umad:

As I said in my original post when oil money dissappears you could go back to being the club you were before oil money :manny:

It's just some people's memory is longer than others :umad:

Next question though

:flabbynsick:

Daps
tf martial arts arent exclusive to Asians. :mjlol: like Kobe said: Soft!

:flabbynsick:
Yeah you got me there, I can't argue with that one :russ:

I'm old as fukk, a gen x kid

Before the likes of the Internet and things like Soccer Saturday we had to go on teletex to get our information or scores on a Saturday
Page 302 BBC and page 140 ITV