Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Lol at Arsenal fans still disrespecting Emery when the second he changes to a better club, with a stronger squad and a better-run back office, he ends up winning European trophies. The problem at Arsenal was and remains Arsenal, and not Emery

Arsenal are not Real Madrid or Barcelona. Arsenal are not a higher level club. We aren't in 2003. Europa League, Conference League, that's Arsenal's level and it has been for a good 12 or 13 years now. That's the level of competition they can hope to win: domestic cups and lower tier continental cups. Not since 2008 or 2009 have Arsenal ever been in a title race or gone deep in the CL knockouts. Every single top 4 finish since then, they were just in the CL to make up the numbers, to be eliminated in the first knockout round by Barcelona or Bayern Munich. They're no better than Sevilla or Villarreal or the other Europa League teams. Emery is more than good enough to suit Arsenal's level and to bring them realistic success. Arsenal does not have the football heritage, to borrow Mourinho's expression, to be challenging for titles beyond Emery's level for at least another five years, more likely ten.

Ok, I'll make it simple for you. Here's my statement,

Arsenal are a middling club for whom a manager like Emery is overqualified.

Why do you disagree?

Love the new thread title lol. Is it too early to break out this classic? I think not, I'm always a believer in nailing my flag to the post, come what may.

20100803_195820_Arsenal.png

Arsenal won't win a thing this year, they just don't have the quality, and you can quote me on that. Manifesto.

More proof, if any was needed, that I'm always right. You can't stop the prophet

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
lucky it’s not 4 or 5…completely outclassed…city aren’t this much better than us smh

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
lucky it’s not 4 or 5…completely outclassed…city aren’t this much better than us smh
this is the delusion people talk about u folks smh :mjgrin: if u were to play bayern last week u would have lost 4-0 on aggregate stop it