Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I understand you're looking at Tuchel with rose colored glasses because of the shyt-show that followed but Chelsea was subpar when he was there. He lost to Leeds, Southampton and Dinamo Zagreb :huhldup:

:dahell:

Give me that "sub-par" era over whatever has been going on since any day. :mjlol:

Tuchel refused to collaborate with owners on transfers and he refused to communicate with players he wanted out but still played them :gucci:
  • trying to sign a washed Ronaldo
  • the infamous '443' formation and 'PL all star' propositions
  • firing the technical and medical team within months of each other
  • signing £500 million worth of talent with no plan behind it
After 6 months of insecurity, the club needed stability from the new ownership, not this disruptive nonsense. Tuchel "refused" to collaborate with them because they had no idea what they were doing.

I would’ve preferred if Tuchel wasn’t sacked especially when you compare him to the clown that replaced him but his record at the start of the season wasn’t good. We were losing 3-0 to the likes of Leeds. Tuchel sacking wasn’t the problem, the problem was the guy they replaced him with

We were 6th, 5 points off of top when he was sacked. he deserved more time to get his new signings to gel IMO,

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Tuchel revisionism is absolutely nasty. He wasn't perfect but the way people talk about him is nuts.

One half season resulted in a top 4 finish and won the CL.

His one full season whilst dealing with sanctions he finished 3rd, narrow defeat in the CL final to the eventual winners and lost two domestic cup finals on penalties.

He did more in 1.5 seasons than some people's favourite managers do in 5. If he did this for any other club he would get way more credit. The Chelsea tax is sumn else.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
How did he get the PSG job? :dahell:
PSG's ownership have been inept at their job for the longest.

- Sacked Kombouaré who was 1st in the league but not shiny enough. Got Carlo who's a top coach.
- Carlo left because they put too much pressure on him so he felt they he hadnt their full confidence. Got Blanc because of his playing style.
- Extended Blanc just before the quarter final against City that he lost. Sacked him at the end of the season anyway. Got Emery because he knew how to win european tournaments.
- Sacked Emery because of the 6-1 to Barça. Got Tuchel because he was the next best thing in Europe.
- Sacked Tuchel because of internal politics. Got Poch because he was an ex player and did quite well overall with Tottenhqm
- Sacked Poch because he couldn't fit players he never wanted. Got Galthier because he won the league with Lille.

Rinse repeat. There is literally no overall direction as it's pure "gimme the CL" short termism. If they were City's owners they would have sacked Pep after losing to Tottenham in that CL quarter.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

No Havertz
No Cucurella
Kante & Thiago byke

UIQDMKS.png

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:dahell:

Give me that "sub-par" era over whatever has been going on since any day. :mjlol:

How could they ever let Mourinho go? :damn:

Chelsea fans becoming Brazilian just to defend Tuchel, talking about Club World Championship :mjlol:

He lost both cups to Liverpool, needed Arsenal meltdown to qualify for CL and was unable to stop the decline that started with Real Madrid loss. The decline continued into the next season and his inability to get along with ownership and players was the end of him.

But yeah lets pretend when I said subpar I meant winning the CL and not getting hoed in Zagreb and losing 3-0 to Leeds :hubie:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Damn they put delpiero in a corner after the racism debate yesterday :mjgrin:
wonderful player but he's still white, italian and a juve legend( he's in a very hard spot lmao)he will be damned by juve fans or by the internet if he stands on either side lol

:manny:cacs will cac though, i feel that steve g is probably:mjpls: just a feeling same with scholes etc

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

How could they ever let Mourinho go? :damn:

Chelsea fans becoming Brazilian just to defend Tuchel, talking about Club World Championship :mjlol:

He lost both cups to Liverpool, needed Arsenal meltdown to qualify for CL and was unable to stop the decline that started with Real Madrid loss. The decline continued into the next season and his inability to get along with ownership and players was the end of him.

But yeah lets pretend when I said subpar I meant winning the CL and not getting hoed in Zagreb and losing 3-0 to Leeds :hubie:

You seem to be forgetting the “downturn” coincided with crippling sanctions imposed by the UK government on the club. They couldn’t even pay the coach drivers ffs

:mjlol:

The fact that Tuchel got them to two finals and 3rd is a minor miracle.

Looks like it