Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
martinelli is lucky he had a goal and an assist in the first half because his 2nd half was ABYSMAL and this is the kind of offense that should have you walking home.

het12tgfrxsa1.jpg

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Why? (Again, new fan)
No worser time to be a new fan and asking seasoned fans after a game like this :skip:
But to answer, Tierney is a better defender than the regular LB Zinchenko. Arsenal and City play similar styles and Arteta must play Tierney to shore up the defence but also play on the counter to combat City's position play away from home. If he goes like for like with City it will likely end up like when they beat us in January.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
No worser time to be a new fan and asking seasoned fans after a game like this :skip:
But to answer, Tierney is a better defender than the regular LB Zinchenko. Arsenal and City play similar styles and Arteta must play Tierney to shore up the defence but also play on the counter to combat City's position play away from home. If he goes like for like with City it will likely end up like when they beat us in January.
Lol i get it. Appreciate the help fellas.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
You guys are on spice if you think Arteta is dropping Zinny for Tierney :russ:

Even when Zinny was out he was playing Tomiyasu ahead of him. If Zinchenko is fit he plays its obvious at this point though I have nothing against Tierney thats just how it is.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Everybody grilling Martinelli when Saka was worse on the pitch. Konate pocket breh.

If I'm Arsenal I would try signing Bobby on a free. :manny: